Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if they make clear signal lights (the ones under the bumper) for a 74 GTV??

·
Registered
450 Posts
there is a set on ebay right now. First page under ''gtv''. $115USd
item # 2167548814. or try item # 2167679353

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I won a few items from that seller. Good quality parts, although the shipping is a bit high.

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think these will fit your US version GTV. The Euro series 2 1750s and 2000s have the light assemblies mounted to the body above the bumper, not below. The Euro part numbers are 105.44.65.011.03/01 for the left lens and 105.44.65.078.03/01 for the right. Anyone have a US parts book to check the numbers?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim I was noticeing that, but the above link listed by Simon says on the site GTV "2000" and i sent a email to the guy regarding the us version lights and he has not responded. Guess that means that he doesent have it for my car.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hey Jim,
I would love to put the Euro lights that mount
on the top of the bumper. Can I use my US bumper?
Or is the Euro bumper differnt?

I think the Euro version looks really clean.
I also would love to replace those big ugly
US square side markers to the round Euro ones.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I was looking at one of the auctions on eBay of a GT GTA GTV Book http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410036521&category=10076

One of the pictures shows what seems to be the difference between the Euro and USA model. You can clearly see the different mounting position for the stupid bumper law, and the hole to clear the signal on top of the bumper.

Sigh... I want the Euro bumper and clear corner too.

:(

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Euro front bumper is different than the US version. It is molded to fit under the body mounted signal lights. I saw a couple of these bumpers at Santo's. Perhaps he has one for sale.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anybody know where to get clear signal lights for the US verson GTV? The link above is for the Euro GTV.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hi, Kai
I was going to bid on the book until I found out it's in French. And after ordering all the parts from IAP, I am broke. :(

Maybe next time, when an English version shows up. Or I just check it out from school library and never return it :D

67GTV said:
Heimeng,
I highly recommend this book! I was fortunate enough to have picked up an English version. I just drool when I paruse its pages.

The cover and next two shots show a GTV the same year as mine. This is how she should look.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alfa_chan
The 240sx lights look like a good fit but i don't know, there might have to be a little fabrication involved to make it fit. I would probably perform the task if my car wasen't painted yesterday. As for the signal lights, i shaved my off for a cleaner look. (i hope the cops don't spot me)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hi John
When I get to my office today I will see if I can get a pair of the 240SX light today. I will try to test fit them on my GTV, it if fits I will post it up.
It looks like we might have to fabricate a bracket to attach it to the bottom of the bumper.

I wanna shave off my car too, but no $$ for paint yet. My GTV even has the "ding guard" riveted on with like 10 holes each side along the shoulder. Ouch. :(

Azzurri GTV said:
alfa_chan
The 240sx lights look like a good fit but i don't know, there might have to be a little fabrication involved to make it fit. I would probably perform the task if my car wasen't painted yesterday. As for the signal lights, i shaved my off for a cleaner look. (i hope the cops don't spot me)

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
i'd leave the front turn signals alone (amber) and shave the side markers. throwing the clear lens on the front bumper will make it look more like a rice rocket. also, if it is being restored for "show", that's something that is not original and points will be deducted. i used to run the concours for arosc and we looked for stuff like that while judging cars.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts