Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I am in need of new rubber for my ‘71 GT 1750.
From reading this forum I understand that the best rubber replacement parts come from Cicognani in Italy.
I recall (if memory serves) that the rubber kits from Classicalfa are in fact made by Cicognani.

Can anyone confirm whether this is actually the case or not, as I have in the past bought rubber replacement parts that just did not work (‘71 VW Westfalia campervan restoration).

A price comparison does make the Cicognani rubber a bit more expensive, however I’m thinking it may be worth it if the parts fit perfectly straight away, rather than requiring some fettling.

The Panelbeater who is doing the metalwork on my Alfa says he has tried new front and rear windscreen rubber (I don’t know the source) which was a poor fit, so I’m keen to purchase a ‘known’ or vouched for product.

Any experiences with rubber kits from Classicalfa or kits from Cicognani (in particular the door rubbers and front/rear windscreen rubbers)?

Thanks guys.

Jason

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I have no experience with the complete kits, but I have bought seal from Classic Alfa in the past. Off and on they have been from Cicognani. I would contact CA, I sure they'll be happy to give an (honest) answer.

I can vouch for the quality of the Cicognani door seals as well as trunk/boot seals for a GT and de quarter windows (on the doors), they really are the ones to have.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just received the Classic Alfa kit for a roundtail spider. From memory I would guess about 1/3 to 1/2 of pieces were tagged Cicognani. I can look to see specifically which ones were if you would like.

I am looking for the rubber for the panels that go under the fenders, in front and behind the front wheels. In searching I just found the Cicognani site, which I don't think has what I need but I think would be helpful for you

Alfa Romeo

·
Out of the office!
11,266 Posts
I just received the Classic Alfa kit for a roundtail spider. From memory I would guess about 1/3 to 1/2 of pieces were tagged Cicognani. I can look to see specifically which ones were if you would like.

I am looking for the rubber for the panels that go under the fenders, in front and behind the front wheels. In searching I just found the Cicognani site, which I don't think has what I need but I think would be helpful for you

Alfa Romeo
This doesn't help the OP. If the rubber isn't moulded and is just straight, you could go to Grainger and have some cut to your specifications. On the Spider, it's just straight cut. See my post below:

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/car-restoration/11028-update-ossos-garage.html

·
Registered
340 Posts
This doesn't help the OP. If the rubber isn't moulded and is just straight, you could go to Grainger and have some cut to your specifications. On the Spider, it's just straight cut. See my post below:

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/car-restoration/11028-update-ossos-garage.html

Looks to be molded, OEM style pieces. Click on the model to see what they have. Roundtail vent window seals for 85 Euros

Edited to add:

I got home and checked... the windshield arrives as a single piece but was made from four individual pieces that were fused together. It looks to be well done but it is not a single piece. The website shows GT doors as a single piece but I can't tell if the B pillar top corner is fused in the same way or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts