Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, just a quick one.... check out the December issue of Classic Cars magazine, it has a 5 page centre article about my GTA Replica, it has some great track photography with several other 105s used as well for some great photos! Its in the shops now!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Max,

I bought it yesterday, I didn't even have time to read the article, I'm really looking forward to read it ... it's the perfect way to start the weekend!

cheers Yves ;)

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I'm not a subscriber, but I would love to see the write-up, so I'll be picking one up... Thanks for letting us know.

Best regards,

·
Registered
268 Posts
Fantastic issue, fantastic article, bought it yesterday, and didn't get around to all the other stuff I've got to do.....
Your fault Max...
Btw, great wheels you sent us. I'm still doubting about a set of 14 or 15 inch for my Berlina. The color of the 14s is fantastic.
Rik

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Max,

In Australia we will have to wait until February 2008 for the December issue.

It will be long wait. I am looking forward to the article.

May I add my appreciation for the products you sell. The GTA replica wheels I bought from you always attract many favourable comments whenever I show my 1966 Giulia sprint GT Veloce.

The stainless steel exhaust system I bought from you is also great. Indeed it is a work of art.

Please come to Australia some time soon.

Merry Christmas.

Targa Florio

Adelaide Australia

1966 Giulia sprint GT Veloce

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bought the mag and read the article... fantastic stuff! For anyone browsing the news stands its the one with 'Everyone Should Own a Jaguar' on the cover.

One question... how did you ever know that Porsche Carrera GT Cam followers would be the perfect item for the job in hand? It's not like they are just sitting on a shelf in everyone's workshop?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats funny Rik... you are a man too busy to not getting round to do all your other work!! :eek:

On the cam followers - you would be amazed at some of the technical data available in Europe for cross referencing some parts! :D;)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hi Max,

In Australia we will have to wait until February 2008 for the December issue.

It will be long wait. I am looking forward to the article.

May I add my appreciation for the products you sell. The GTA replica wheels I bought from you always attract many favourable comments whenever I show my 1966 Giulia sprint GT Veloce.

The stainless steel exhaust system I bought from you is also great. Indeed it is a work of art.

Please come to Australia some time soon.

Merry Christmas.

Targa Florio

Adelaide Australia

1966 Giulia sprint GT Veloce
I picked up a copy in a newsagent here in Brisbane, however it was $15.00 because it was "AirFreight: Current issue"

·
Registered
71 Posts
Max,

Sounds good. Ill look for it when it reaches our shores and settle back to read it with a beer and Kangaroo burger at the beach.

Also, how the progress on your other cars..the grey racecar and the green painted silver replica on your webs site....im looking forward to seeing their development.

Cheers

Timbo

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Max,

Sounds good. Ill look for it when it reaches our shores and settle back to read it with a beer and Kangaroo burger at the beach.

Also, how the progress on your other cars..the grey racecar and the green painted silver replica on your webs site....im looking forward to seeing their development.

Cheers

Timbo
Haha! What does Kangaroo taste like!? I'm imagining like Rabbit but maybe not so nice..... if its as good as Impala then I'll have to try and get some.... sure some mad farmers will be farming Roos in the UK!

The grey GTA is still identical to the photos on the website - hence no update - I just haven't had a chance to get near it yet! :(

Richard's green South African Sprint GTV is back from paint - I updated the website a bit earlier today. Its not going to be a GTA Rep, but a nice fast road Sprint GTV, original bumpers, interior and the lot - is going to be so beautiful... maybe i'll get jealous and have to steal it! :eek::D He is steaming along quite well considering how little time he gets to spend on it - plan is to have it ready of our trackday in April..... I'm not going to hold my breath though!!!! :D;)

I also added an article Richard just wrote on the whole restoration and ownership story of his white GTC he has had since 1985. Great photos of the car when he bought it! See here:- Alfaholics Our Cars

·
Registered
71 Posts
Max

Kangaroo is incredible...full of flavour.......fantastic with or without a nice marinade on the BBQ...makes a great curry too. I dont know wy we dont Export more of it.

I was working in Southampton for a few years not long ago and there was a butcher there who sold it. I was going to buy some for a work do. Not sure how fresh it would be but if you ever get a chance....give it a go....i think youll be impressed.

Cheers for updating the details on those cars....that silver one is going to be superb. I look forward to seeing more of it.

Cheers

Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts