Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what auto insurance companies the majority of us are using for our cars (Alfa Romeos). I guess once I get a feel for what companies are out there I can make a poll for everyone to vote on.

I'm currently using Hagerty and have nothing but good things to say about their service and pricing. The nice thing is you get to declare the cars value which in turn will affect your premium. If a accident ever happens you will get what your car is worth and not what some adjuster pulls out of a KelleyBlueBook. How about you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been using American Modern Home for 10 years. Same deal -- coverage for the value of the car that you declare, 3,000 mile annual mileage limit, car must be garaged, rates are very reasonable.

I've been pleased with the service -- My '85 RX-7 was stolen in 2001, and the company settled my claim promptly for the declared value.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hagerty gets my business. Ditto everything Simon said. Pleasant to deal with over the phone and reasonable rates for multiple vehicles.:)

To qualify this: I’ve never had a claim with them - that's when you get an accurate idea of how good the insurance company is.;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I use Hagerty also. My experience mirrors Simon's. Easy to deal with and competitive pricing. Wish I could say the same about the company that insures my other cars!

I have not had to make a claim with Hagerty, and I am interested in the experience of those who unfortunately have had reason to make a claim. How was it handled? What impact did it have on the premium?

Marc

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hagerty for my Duetto. Safeco for my GTV. They both have agreed value policies. Safeco is more expensive, but Hagerty is more restrictive...it depends on how you use your Alfa

·
Registered
207 Posts
American Collectors.

It is hard to get special vehicle insurance in Massachusetts for one thing, and American Collectors is offered through AAA here, so I get a discount.

I have not had a claim, so I can't comment on how they perform.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Check with State Farm. I use them for my GTV & XK-E. Parrish Heacock said they couldn't beat them when I talked to them at VIR.
Ed

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Haggarty for the GTV6, Wawanesa for the 164's. I'll also put the spider on Haggarty once in my hands.

·
Registered
521 Posts
American Collectors.

It is hard to get special vehicle insurance in Massachusetts for one thing, and American Collectors is offered through AAA here, so I get a discount.

I have not had a claim, so I can't comment on how they perform.
I use Hagerty in Massachusetts with no problem. What kind of discount do you get from AAA? It seems to me that $225 for my '67 Duetto and '56 Chevy combined is pretty good, considering declared value and identical high liability coverage as my new Honda for which I pay over $1000. I like Hagerty because they are easy to deal with, but I have never had a claim.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hagerty for all my Alfa's. I bought a GTV a few years back and on the way home from the sellers residence it died. I called Hagerty and they sent out a flatbed for a tow home! I purchased the insurance three hours earlier that day!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
You can get Hagerty through Allstate (if you have it, or maybe another carrier for that matter), I was quoted $307/yr for a Ferrari 308 1977 classic (I didnt buy it though). Must drive it limited, though, just wkends......

On the valuation issue, you CAN be insured for ythe actual value of your alfa. I had a appraiser recommended by Allstate, for $50, he appraised the car which had a book value of $4500, at 10,500. Allstate said they would honor it and pay in case of a total accident.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've always used J.C. Taylor. We've had to file claims twice (once for a parking lot bump, the other for a big engine fire); both times they were prompt and forthcoming.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
You guys may want check into AAA classic Ins.
I just cancelled my JC Taylor after I got a policy for all 6 of my cars for $460/1 year thru Auto Club.
Total value of the cars is $73,000. This is a LOT less than JCTaylor quoted and AAA service is second to none.
Randy

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
You guys may want check into AAA classic Ins.
I just cancelled my JC Taylor after I got a policy for all 6 of my cars for $460/1 year thru Auto Club.
Total value of the cars is $73,000. This is a LOT less than JCTaylor quoted and AAA service is second to none.
Randy
I didn't know AAA has classic insurance! I will be at their desk on Monday...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I use Hagerty in Massachusetts with no problem. What kind of discount do you get from AAA?
The cars on the classic insurance count towards the AAA multi-car discount. It becomes very important next year when my '83 goes on the American Collectors policy because then I will only have one car insured at the ridiculous MA standard rates.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Insurance

Yep Hagerty. You get to declare a car's value up front. Was able to setup it all up via online/email. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts