Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been leery about ordering from across the pond, I thought shipping cost and time would make it expensive and waiting forever for parts to show up but after my recent experience I thought I would give it a try.
It was great! Got OE parts and due to the exchange rate with the Pound they were half the cost of "other " parts available here, if they were in stock.... Shipping was quick even by US shipping times. Surely for critical engine parts I will first look to Classic Alfa, at least as long as this exchange rate holds out.... very pleased!

·
Premium Member
13,147 Posts
at least as long as this exchange rate holds out.... very pleased
Not as good for me as I have British pension :frown2:

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I've ordered from Classic Alfa many times in the last six months or so. Their service is top-notch, prices are exceptional, shipping is reasonably prices and very quick.

·
Push hard and live
8,971 Posts
Skibum,

I'd say most BB members know Classic Alfa. It would be hard to say more good about them than they deserve. A couple of notes...

One can ask for a "Total Restoration" discount. Might or might not get it. Talk to Tom Bouet.
Their return service is brilliant. If your part isn't right, they'll make it good one way or another.

On the down side...

The whole Alfa market is getting more low-quality repro parts. Used to be, even the aftermarket manufacturer's made A1 stuff. Now, it can be a sort of a lookalike, with wildly variable dimensions and performance. Classic is a victim of this just like the rest of us. Over time, they try to ferret out off-spec stuff, but it sneaks in with every order. Again, they will do their best to help you out, and quickly.

Example...

Over an 18 month total restoration, I received a variety of off spec, or mis-shipped, or duplicate shipped parts. No big deal. Tom assured me that when I was done, just to stuff it all in a box, and call them for a prepaid return.

They've got my business, but I'm also happy with OKP, Heinbrand, and a few others. Each has their area of strength.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I will check them out too! The parts I just ordered were stated to be genuine OE Alfa parts, I hope that to be true...

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Darn, wish I would have known about the total resto discount! I bought so many parts for the 71 spider, probably $5000 or so, maybe (likely) more. Rats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts