Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. It's been a while since I've visited the AlfaBB site, so the first thing I must say is that I hope you your family & friends are safe and well.
I have also just visited the classic Alfa site for the first time in quite a while. You may already know this, but I noticed there are a few previously un attainable items for the Alfa 2000/2600 spider now available on their website. You can now order the complete rear licence plate light housing including lock and keys or just the clear lens. Also both types of rubber mounting seals. Previously only one type of seal was available, but now the thicker more angled one is also available. The Stainless side repeater spears are now also available as a pair. The small interior handbrake boot is also available, something I had to buy from Afra previously at a huge cost.
Like I say this might be old news, but if you haven't visited the site for a while it might be worth having another look.
All the best.

·
Push hard and live
9,604 Posts
I must caution you, the stainless/chrome reproductions range from superior the *** were they thinking.

The trunk lock assembly is good quality, but is for the 2600, not the 2000. It can be modified to work. The hood scoops’ trim pieces are terrible. They can be made to work, barely, but nothing like the originals.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. What a shame! You'd think if someone is going to go to bother to reproduce parts, at least make a good job of it. I would be interested in the stainless side repeater spears, but I assume these are also not good?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The hood scoops’ trim pieces are terrible. They can be made to work, barely, but nothing like the originals.
Don, I remember the issues you had with the hood scoop trim and remember wondering if the trim pieces were made for the European model, where the 'snorkles' are spaced about 4" apart.

I like to check the CA site for their new items.

Mark

·
Push hard and live
9,604 Posts
The part number for the scoop trims is the same Euro-USA. Long story. Quick-made crap to serve a short term market opportunity.

I haven’t seen the repeater spears, so don’t know.

Some repops are ok. Others.... not. Some, it’s better to buy used original and triple the cost to restore. Other pieces, the repop is fine. Hard to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts