Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you have seen the new Classic Alfa web site. I think it's the worst web site ever -- unusable in Chrome and Firefox on desktop and Android!!! Good on them for making it hard to place an order.

The bottom of the says "Website designed by BA Creative" -- the crappy Classic Alfa web site makes it clear that this is a design company to stay away from.

·
Super Moderator
9,981 Posts
Ditto for me:

- CA website works fine with Chrome for me.

- Their search and filter functions are great; on the old site you had to page through everything under broad categories like "interior" to find what you wanted.

- CA continues to deliver great prices and service.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
FWIW, this is what their home page looks like on 3 different computers (Chrome in Linux with 4k screen, Chrome on Win10 with HD screen, Chrome on Android with vertical HD screen). The problem certainly is not at my end:

Screenshot from 2019-08-26 09-35-40 (resized).jpg

Screenshot 2019-08-26 09.43.41.jpg

2019-08-26 09.42.52.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Odd, not what it looks like on mine.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get this on 3 different computers (Linux, Win10, Android), in Chrome and Firefox, with and without ad blocker enabled/disabled!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Ditto for me:

- CA website works fine with Chrome for me.

- Their search and filter functions are great; on the old site you had to page through everything under broad categories like "interior" to find what you wanted.

- CA continues to deliver great prices and service.
I too have not had a problem using Chrome and one thing I do like is the ability to create Wish lists to build up an order and help save on shipping costs. I am trying to get them to straighten out a recent order where some items were not shipped, but included in the packing list as if they were. No feedback yet, but I just sent a message to a person yesterday. I had previously replied to the "orders" mailbox, but that one may not be monitored. This is the first problem I have had in placing orders over the last 3 years.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I traced the network connection as the page loads. There are 2 files not loading (404 error): "manifest.json" and "icon-contact.png".

The JSON file (data in JavaScript Object Notation) may be critical for the page layout (the PNG image file for sure isn't). Maybe those who get a decent page layout have this file cached on their system.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is what it looks like to me on both chrome and edge:
That's what I recall it looking like last week.

Here in Edge, seconds ago:

Screenshot 2019-08-26 10.37.39.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,160 Posts
Looks OK on Firefox/WIN7

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
The JSON file (data in JavaScript Object Notation) may be critical for the page layout (the PNG image file for sure isn't). Maybe those who get a decent page layout have this file cached on their system.
No, that's not it. I've posted enough screenshots but I just tried it from a VM I spun up yesterday afternoon that has definitely not been to their site before. It looks/works just fine on there as well.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
No, that's not it. I've posted enough screenshots but I just tried it from a VM I spun up yesterday afternoon that has definitely not been to their site before. It looks/works just fine on there as well.
Great info, thank you. Could you do me a favor and please check in your browser console if the JSON file loads on your VM and/or how long it takes to load? I have a suspicion there may be a regional timeout or availability issue of this file (the PNG gets loaded from an edge network, but the JSON supposedly comes from their own server).

In my browser console, I get 4 hard errors (one of them a "Uncaught TypeError" in jquery-3.4.1.min.js, another a syntax error in manifest, possibly triggered by custom.js that comes from an edge network).

Screenshot 2019-08-26 11.48.54 (cropped).jpg

The file custom.js seems to be at least partially responsible for page navigation:

Code:
$(function() {

$('.navPages-action.has-subMenu').click(function() {
		$(this).siblings('.navPage-subMenu').toggleClass('is-open');
		$(this).toggleClass('is-open');
	});

// Quantity selectors
	$('.page-content, #quickSearch').on('click', '.form-increment-custom button', function(e) {

var _ = $(this);
		var input = _.siblings('input');
		var val = parseInt(input.val());

if(_.data('action') === 'dec' && val > 1) {

val--;

} else if(_.data('action') === 'inc') {

val++;

}

input.val(val);

// console.log(val);

});

// FAQ ACCORDION

$('[data-accordion]').on('click', 'li', function() {

$(this).siblings('li').find('div').slideUp(300);

$(this).find('div').slideToggle(300);

$(this).siblings('li').find('svg').removeClass('rotated');
  		$(this).find('svg').toggleClass('rotated');

});

$('#sidebar-scroll-trigger').click(function() {

var sidebar = $('.page-sidebar');
		sidebar.scrollTop(sidebar.scrollTop() + 100);

});

$('img.lazyload').load(function() {
	    console.log($(this).attr('src') + ' loaded');
	});

});

·
Registered
34 Posts
Works fine for me using the Chrome browser. Just a suggestion, contact them directly instead of posting here to try to resolve before going to a public forum, no pun intended. Cheers. I've ordered from them several times with no issues and they have good customer service as well.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts