Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Classic Alfa Wheels

I purchased a set of 5x15 .They are very nice cosmetically and structurally. However, vehicle (1962 Spider ) still disassembled and under restoration so not yet mounted to car. I do not anticipate any problems. These wheels were not much more expensive than sourcing a set of suitable used wheels ( my car came with totally incorrect wheels ) then straightening , blasting and repainting.
Franklin

·
Registered
232 Posts
Scott,
They look great! And so does your car!
I assume you have the 5" wide wheels? Classic alfa also have a 5.5" version, but I doubt they would fit a Sprint. What tyres do you use?

Don

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys. I really appreciate the advice. Scott your car looks magnificent!
Hans

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cromodora's

Hi Gordon
I'm back. Still have some some hesitation with my Weber's but runs good when warmed up. I have a question on Cromodora wheels. Can someone tell me the reason they don't fit Giulietta's? I am in the process of converting to disk brakes and I had to use later model hubs. I know the wheel patterns are the same. I thought the Cromodora's wouldn't fit due to the large drum brakes or is it an offset problem?

I also have a question for AlfaJay I saw some old photos of your Weber choke set up. I am using the normale choke cable and the tight bend radii to reach the carbs makes it a tug of war to choke the beast. I notice your's goes straight in. I was wondering how you mounted the cable under the dash.

Hey its good to be back but its hard to keep up with you guys.

Thanx
Al Conforti

·
Super Moderator
11,572 Posts
They often will not fit Giulia or Giulietta spiders because tires snag the forward outer edge of front wheel arches should you hit a bump while turning.
If you use a wider than 5" rim with a standard aspect ratio tire in the original width, you may be Ok, unless the sidewall snags front or rear. If you fit a wider tire with a shorter aspect ratio to a 5" rim, the tread edge may snag. This will be compounded if you are using shorter springs, stiffer or not.
By the way, You have one BEAUTIFUL Sprint Scott!!!

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
I have them on my Giulietta.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow, it looks great!
I really like the look of these wheels. Great delicate balance between sporty and classic. The finish looks great too. I will certainly order a set once my car is ready for the road/track. The 5.5 could potentially give a small advantage on the race-track since they give a slightly wider track and less of tire wander on the wheel. But the 5.5 are surprisingly much heavier (which is not great and could actually lead to slower pace) and might look "too much". Is there anyone who has a Sprint with 5.5 and willing to post some pics?
Don

I have them on my Giulietta.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts