Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radio/cassette in my spider does not work. it seems to take power but immediately shuts off. I've assumed there's a wiring or other problem with the device, but researching has me thinking there may be a lock code on the stereo. It's a Clarion 6390 (original). anyone know if there are lock codes on these car stereos that could be the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
There has been a lot of threads about not using the head unit and mounting a blue tooth unit under the rear luggage shelf. I have thought of doing the same, but when I ride with my wife we do not listen to the radio. When I ride by my self I use my I Phone and ear buds to reduce the wind noise.

Ken Smith

·
Registered
730 Posts
There has been a lot of threads about not using the head unit and mounting a blue tooth unit under the rear luggage shelf. I have thought of doing the same, but when I ride with my wife we do not listen to the radio. When I ride by my self I use my I Phone and ear buds to reduce the wind noise.

Ken Smith
Right now my radio requires three hose. To mount a modern radio I will have to cut out the dash to fit the new style deck. Wants it is gone there, there is no turning back if you want to put in a retro style radio with Bluetooth in.

Ken Smith

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,745 Posts
The radio/cassette in my spider does not work. it seems to take power but immediately shuts off. I've assumed there's a wiring or other problem with the device, but researching has me thinking there may be a lock code on the stereo. It's a Clarion 6390 (original). anyone know if there are lock codes on these car stereos that could be the problem?
Yes, they require a code. If you push the number buttons do numbers come up on the display? That's how you enter the code.

If you get the serial number you can call Alfa Parts in Berkeley and ask politely and they can look it up for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts