Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question One :-

The weird little copper filament (or whatever it is) on the lighter from my 69 spider is broken.

Can somebody tell me what this is supposed to do and will the lighter function with the break (i.e. removed)?

The second lighter from a 64 Sprint GT has no copper filament - which suggests it is not required.

Second question:-

Just out of interest, how do these things work? How does pushing down on the black part at the top of the lighter create the circuit?

Attachments

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
That plastic thing is a thermal protection device (like a circuit breaker). It is a single use device meaning that if it 'trips', replacement is required. Alfa part number is 105.02.65.561.00 and the FIAT number is 60710976. I've heard that some folks have used an in-line fuse to accomplish the same thing.

Haven't had one of these lighters apart in years so I can't say exactly how it works. But I recall that a description was posted on this BB not too long ago.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim
Thanks for the info.

Could somebody tell me what rating of fuse I should install to isolate the lighter from the rest of the wiring?

I found this whilst searching on Google:

I can't get the black "cap" on my lighter to go as far down as in the video.

Perhaps I'll have to push even harder.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Basically, the text says that he was happy to get a Brico after a long search and that it was interesting to take it apart, noting how cool the design is with the bell and all, but his doesn't work either...

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
actually he says (courtesy of google translation!):
"Thought to Kung Shin wrote before and I feel that close to the original state at the time Julia.
Handling or feeling of sound vibration run, of course, is also important look.
In such a background, a mustard-kun is the cigarette lighter was equipped with domestically produced goods.
Unfortunately that was not a unique writer of the original fire insert BRICO, a cigarette.
The development of money to run around in priority could not be quite expensive demo.
However, this time, was available and affordable at Yahoo auction of what is in the junk"

.......so there you go guys, obviously another satisfied customer:)

actually he has his lighter in the oddest location...on his dash just under the Tacho.........but it looks right as the dashboard is formed to take it (edit. or is this the ignition switch location or some other switch location??...remembering it is rhd....) ...never seen that...wonder how the cigarette stays in there (bet he has a few holes in the carpet!) (Ok he has a GTV, and don't know much about those!)

I like the japanese writing (if it is japanese) on his steering clam shell that reminds him how to operate the indicators!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
.......so there you go guys, obviously another satisfied customer:)

actually he has his lighter in the oddest location...on his dash just under the Tacho.........but it looks right as the dashboard is formed to take it (edit. or is this the ignition switch location or some other switch location??...remembering it is rhd....) ...never seen that...wonder how the cigarette stays in there (bet he has a few holes in the carpet!) (Ok he has a GTV, and don't know much about those!)

That is the Factory location on some early GTs I think the 1750, LHD (your pic btw that is a Speedo) has it the same place ,on the console side of steering wheel!

Edit: Hey Jim !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
品物はちゃんと機能するかは期待しないとして、外観は予想以上にキレイ!
タバコは(基本)やめたので、外観だけでいいと・・・

"It doesn't work properly, but it really looks nice. Anyhow, I quit smoking and so only the appearance matters."

Just sayin'.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello, does anyone know where I can find a cigarette lighter for a 1964 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider 101.23 series? It's the only thing missing from my interior - refer to photo attached

·
Registered
649 Posts
Go to Ebay and look for "Alfa Romeo cigarette lighter".
There are a number of them .

·
Registered
649 Posts
I know that it's not up to some standards but this is what I'm doing
with mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts