Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a bit of trouble wiring this up so just wanted a quick health check on the wiring
I have on the cigar lighter what I assume is a permanent live in the middle an earth and a live that goes to the light up circle
Out of the other end of the pink and black I am getting 12 volts from the red and a good earth on the black
On the two black and white wires on the other side of the socket I'm getting 0.6 volts when I turn on the side lights .
So does this sound about right and should I hook it up ?
Thanks
Steve 20210222_175639.jpg 20210222_144815.jpg 20210222_175639.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do I need a special sort of connector that will hook up the light wire from the lighter into the black and white that I am getting the 0.6 volts from as it seems wrong to plug a single wire into something that has 2 wires going in the other end or am I missing the trick ??

Thanks

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Do I need a special sort of connector that will hook up the light wire from the lighter into the black and white that I am getting the 0.6 volts from as it seems wrong to plug a single wire into something that has 2 wires going in the other end or am I missing the trick ??

Thanks

Steve
0.6 volts seems odd.
Here is what you should have.

Reactions: Norseman50

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg
Thanks and if I read that correctly that shows only 2 writes coming off the unit and I have 3 the live to the unit the live to the bulb and the earth.
I'm not that great at the electrics but very keen to learn as I believe it is a necessity of Alfa ownership !
Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Greg
Thanks and if I read that correctly that shows only 2 writes coming off the unit and I have 3 the live to the unit the live to the bulb and the earth.
I'm not that great at the electrics but very keen to learn as I believe it is a necessity of Alfa ownership !
Thanks
Steve
Wish I was closer. I love electrics on cars.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I dont get is that one socket/connector has a black and white wires going in to it and this one I believe is the feed from the lights but how can you just plug the single wire in to the other side as that does not make sense to me ?

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Well, you should have 3 wires I believe. The black on is the ground. The white and black one should feed the lighter and there should be a pink one for illumination.
It looks to me like someone has modified some wiring in your photos. Is your lighter aftermarket?
I would find the pin wire and hook it up to the light on your lighter, the black on the spade connector and the white/black wire to the bullet connector on your lighter

Reactions: Norseman50
1 - 7 of 7 Posts