Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Oh snap! I didn't realize that once you take the plastic grill off of an Alfa, it magically turns into something that's not an Alfa!!! Marchionne has a keener eye to notice these things than most people do.

Dodge and Alfa are known for different types of driving. Thankfully, the Hornet hasn't been around for years so most people won't even be able to compare this Dodge to it's predecessor. Makes me wonder what other Dodge names Fiat will revive and rebadge from the past. I would be amused if Fiat badge-swaped the upcoming Dodge Magnum in Europe and called it the 169.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Hornet was AMC not Dodge. Dodge had more of a Bee thing going. Dodge did have the Coronet. If there was a Dodge Hornet, someone show me one. I don't remember it. And the Hornet was the Gremlin with a trunk added on. Now, lets have a model named Pacer. Oh please please please...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Guy rolled down the window and told the spies it's gonna be the new small Dodge..? hmmph. seriously. No mention of the fully uncovered Giulietta behind this disguised one.. mmm.. The disguised one could just be next year's Giulietta model with new design features being stress tested.. :rolleyes:

But the idea of this is both horrific and oddly interesting.. :cool:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
The Dodge Hornet will replace the Dodge Caliber which replaced the Dodge Neon. I don't know what to make of this situation. Alfa use to be about luxury but if you follow the trail it looks like Fiat is in a continual state of diminishing the Alfa Romeo brand...even if they want to call it a Dodge. When this car comes stateside, not only will it get a Dodge grill, but it will also probably get an interior trim fitted for a third-generation Dodge Neon. Horrific indeed...

·
Registered
573 Posts
The Hornet rumor may or may not be true, but the Giulietta has been rumored to be coming to the USA with a 234hp version next year. How much you wanna make a bet you see the Alfa at N.A. FIAT dealers in late 2012/early 2013!! Some one could be messing with the auto magazine.

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2012-Chicago March 2012

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Come to think of it, Dodge may have come into the rights to the Hornet name along with Jeep, via Renault. Whatever, it's not really getting the juices flowing, is it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The Hudson Hornet was a well respected car. The AMC Hornet, is more to the front of people's memories... and was not particularly loved by anyone.

Since the more recent AMC Hornet can leave a bad taste in some folk's mouths... I doubt they would actually call the production model that. If Hornet is the name being tossed around now, I expect it's just Chrysler's 'code name' for that model, until they decide on a final badge for it.

Just guessin'... Chrysler seldom runs these sort of issues past me before proceeding :- )

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
When I visited Chrysler HQ last year, they had a couple of Giuliettas in their labs for testing. It got more looks from our group than the 500s they had. Of course, they wouldn't tell us anything about the plans.

·
Registered
58 Posts
F1Tommy,
Giulietta isn't coming to the US untill after the revision in 2014, but what you will see in mid 2013 is an alfa crossover with a blend of MiTo and giulietta styling and slightly larger bodywork with an awd option. Engines are to include a 2.4 liter chrysler multi-air and a pair of 2 liter diesels (140 and 170). Production begins in late 2012 at Italy's Mirafiori works alongside a new compact jeep. Dodge hornet tooling goes into the Belvedere, IL works in august 2011 for 2012 launch. Personally, I'm buying the crossover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts