Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Having removed the dash from my 1974 105 GTV and taken the chrome surrounds off the wood veneer I would like to get them re chromed. Same with the metal surrounds to the wood inserts in the centre binacle.

Can anyone recommend someone in Sydney to use?

There are a few in the phone book but its a pretty small job? Anyone done this and know roughly what the cost is?

cheers

Paul

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ciao Paul,
I used these guys for my chrome bits:

BLU-Chrome PTY Ltd.
Electroplating Service
137 Eldridge Road, Bankstown NSW 2200
(02) 9790 6834

I believe the minimum job is $90

This is how my gauge surrounds turn out.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ciao Paul,
I used these guys for my chrome bits:

BLU-Chrome PTY Ltd.
Electroplating Service
137 Eldridge Road, Bankstown NSW 2200
(02) 9790 6834

I believe the minimum job is $90

This is how my gauge surrounds turn out.
Wow, that looks good Sketchl.

Will they do all sorts of chrome work,. such as bumpers, door trims etc., I have a few jobs I wouldn't mind geeting done.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ciao Freddie,

Note that the interstate transport cost would not make it a viable option for you, plus I'm sure there is a competent electroplater in the Melbourne area. Also note that Blue-Chrome do not handle pot metal, there's another mob in the ACT that can handle chroming pot metal items due to chemical handling laws in NSW!

Saluti
Sergio

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ciao Freddie,

Note that the interstate transport cost would not make it a viable option for you, plus I'm sure there is a competent electroplater in the Melbourne area. Also note that Blue-Chrome do not handle pot metal, there's another mob in the ACT that can handle chroming pot metal items due to chemical handling laws in NSW!

Saluti
Sergio
Mille Grazie Sergio. My car is is Sydney at the moment and will be till I have a few more things attended to.

Scusa, but what is "pot metal". Is there a distinct difference in chroming plastic as opposed to metal items ?. I'm not that savvy but keen to know the difference approaches or techniques.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ciao Freddie,

Pot metal items are the front blinker assemblies on step noses, rear qtr window latches, grab handle covers.....etc. They're items that have been cast. Note that most of the moulding on 105's are stainless steel and that's a whole other process to restore. Do some searches on the forum as there's heaps of tips and info.

Saluti
Sergio

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chroming

Hello,

Checked out those guys in Bankstown and they were friendly and helpful but they told me that the metal surrounds for the wood dash inserts are aluminium and they don't do aluminium. However they also said that a good polish with metal polish should bring them up very nicely. And they did! I recommend it.:)

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts