Hand Gesture Insect Finger Thumb

Finger Gesture Automotive tire Thumb Pliers

Would these fit?

Thanks!!

·
Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
13,071 Posts
Ok thanks! Now I’m trying to figure out how to remove that adapter on the wiper arm!
Is "that adapter" the thing shown in the three pictures attached to post #1? I've never seen anything like that associated with Alfa wipers, so can't help on how to remove them. But don't you need to replace both the arms and blades, since what you have are black and what you want are chrome (stainless actually)? So why not remove the arms / blades / adapters as a unit and replace them with the parts that BMX and 6alfas recommend?

·
2,760 Posts
The end of the arm is a bayonet. It slides into the wiper adapter and a little pin locks it in place. To remove it, you have to push the adapter up to disengage the pin and slide it off.

Font Gesture Parallel Auto part Rectangle

A low cost pair of stainless wiper blades would be Trico Classic 33-150 - available for less than $10 each.

Window Triangle Door Automotive exterior Wood

·
2,760 Posts
The bay link in post 2 above is for 13 inch blades. These are much shorter than what is used on any post 1970 Alfa I've seen over the years. Classic Alfa has these in 16 inch, which is the size you want for a GTV or an S2 Spider. Originally they only had the 13 inch and I ordered a set without noticing. Ended up giving them to a Duetto owner.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The bay link in post 2 above is for 13 inch blades. These are much shorter than what is used on any post 1970 Alfa I've seen over the years. Classic Alfa has these in 16 inch, which is the size you want for a GTV or an S2 Spider. Originally they only had the 13 inch and I ordered a set without noticing. Ended up giving them to a Duetto owner.
Yeah sorry, it was meant to be a generic link rather than specific - I'll remove it - here's the correct one or you could pay 286 quid for a genuine pair of Maserati ones o_O
Alfa Romeo Alfasud Alfetta Original Wiper Blade Carello 16" 41cm - Fiat Lancia ? | eBay

·
2,760 Posts
Classic Alfa believes all GTVs should have 13 inch wipers. I saw a Sprint GT with this recently - it works, but the wiped area is a lot smaller. Adjusting 16 inch wipers to clear each other on a GTV is somewhat of a challenge, but feasible. 16 inch works perfectly on S2-3-4 Spiders.

I wonder if the US safety regulations had any effect on this. They are the reason all wiper arms and wiper blade frames were black from 1975 or 1976 on - to reduce glare in the windshield.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Classic Alfa believes all GTVs should have 13 inch wipers. I saw a Sprint GT with this recently - it works, but the wiped area is a lot smaller. Adjusting 16 inch wipers to clear each other on a GTV is somewhat of a challenge, but feasible. 16 inch works perfectly on S2-3-4 Spiders.

I wonder if the US safety regulations had any effect on this. They are the reason all wiper arms and wiper blade frames were black from 1975 or 1976 on - to reduce glare in the windshield.
I always thought it was just a fad, every bit of trim went black in the UK in the 80's and we were all desperately trying to make our old bangers look new by fitting black wipers and reflective number plates, now we are binning those and fitting chrome and black and white plates wherever possible :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts