Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 87 Veloce has a black interior. I think it's very somber, plain, boring. I want to fancy it up a bit with some chrome pieces. Just a few to brighten things up.

Few ideas. Door handle. Circle part around vents, hand brake handle. Radio ring.

Has anyone done this? What did you use? How durable was it? Or there direct replacement options from other older/newer cars?

One other idea is a right side arm rest. Anyone make one? I remember reading about someone making one for a Triumph.

================================
To cold to drive today (33 degrees). Trying to come up with some fun winter projects.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interior options

Seats are vinyl but the door cards, dash board, arm rest and trunk release panels are covered in a fine grade of leather salvaged from a very nice, free, sofa from CL. The woman who gave me the sofa was incredulous that I was going to skin her still nice piece until, until I told her the leather was going into an Alfa.
The wood on the doors came from scraps laying around. The tops of the doors were a little tricky. The new, wood glove box was the hardest to do. The cup holder on the center console was made from a wild cherry tree we cut down years ago.
The arm rest was fairly easy. The body was made from a 2'X2' piece of sheet metal from HD, covered with a very thin foam that protected our new TV and then the leather. The top, made from plywood, opens and providessome small storage.
To make the armrest, make a sample from cardboard. I curved the bottom to fit the drive tunnel and made it slightly wider than the space between the seats so that it is a compression fit not needing any screws. When you are satisfied with your sample, take it apart to use as a pattern. I bent the metal using a B&D Workmate but could have used two pieces of wood clamped together. The metal was assembled using pop rivets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the arm rest. I will see if I can find someone to take your ideas and mock something up for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The top is hinged and provides some small storage because the hand brake takes up about half the space. It holds sun glasses, gum, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts