Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings gentleman,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to acquire the metal trim for the door panel of a 1959 750B.

Thank you most kindly,
Hans

·
Administrator
3,807 Posts
Hi Hans

Unfortunately it's not being remanufactured, even Elvezio who make the material / vinyl for the door cards require that you have the original metal / chrome trim.

Ebay or a donor car are your best choices.....there's very little trim-wise for Sprints that is available.

Regards
Greig

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I agree with Greig that you have to find used door trim because no one is remanufacturing any trim. I had some extra trim gave some to a friend who is restoring a 1961 Sprint Veloce.

·
Administrator
3,807 Posts
There are 3 pieces of chrome trim on a 101 door - excluding the window winder & door handles and the pull handle at the top

Here are 3 fairly good pictures, the light green car is missing the pull tab and the blue door car is missing the oblong 'button' to hold the pocket together. Both pieces are shown on the red car.

The blue door cards are original - all 3 cars shown here are Series II Interim / Transition cars as they still have the stripy 750 cloth & not the speckled Salt-and-Pepper (sal-e-pepe) cloth which the later 101's got. That aside, the chrome trim is the same for all Series II cars. I chose these pictures as they show the trim best of all.

The door pull tab trim & the oblong 'button' can be made with a bit of fiddling, but the long chrome trim with the 2 bends will be somewhat more of a challenge......

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The door pull tab trim & the oblong 'button' can be made with a bit of fiddling, but the long chrome trim with the 2 bends will be somewhat more of a challenge......

Ciao
Greig
The pull tab trim can also be bought from either Alfastop, OKparts and I think Classic Alfa as well, but the pieces are pricy....

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts