Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - is anyone using the above kit as supplied by Classic Alfa? The front springs seem to be massively over standard spec and i am concerned that the ride will be very choppy! I am aslo a bit agreeved that the spring seats dont fit and i am going to need to grind a couple of mm off the inside of the coil to allow them to drop into place. It would be just my luck to do this and find that the ride is unacceptable!... I am looking for fast road spec - which is as the springs are described.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the kit on a 101 Sprint. It was fitted by Chris Robinson for the previous owner.

I am very happy with it, the ride is good and the car great fun to throw around.

Jonathan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the kit on a 101 Sprint. It was fitted by Chris Robinson for the previous owner.

I am very happy with it, the ride is good and the car great fun to throw around.

Jonathan
Thanks for your response Jonathan. Can i ask if the ride is bone jarring or just firm - Classic alfa have offered me the chance to swap the front springs for 'softer but sharter' ones. I have already fitted the rears

·
Registered
112 Posts
It certainly isn’t bone jarring. It’s quite firm but not uncomfortably so. Mine is an otherwise standard Sprint.

Assuming the classic alfa kit is what Chris Robinson fitted circa 10 years ago I’d recommend it. Chris knows these cars very well.

Jonathan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It certainly isn’t bone jarring. It’s quite firm but not uncomfortably so. Mine is an otherwise standard Sprint.

Assuming the classic alfa kit is what Chris Robinson fitted circa 10 years ago I’d recommend it. Chris knows these cars very well.

Jonathan
Appreciate your feedback - many thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bonjour,
j ai monté un kit classic alfa 750.095 avec des konis rouges sur ma sprint de 59 et c est pour moi parfait .En comparaison si vous connaissez, J ai monté il y a quelques années un kit alfaholics fast road sur un coupé bertone qui est plus plus ferme ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts