Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A Poster's question from 164 fun club on facebook:

Hi guys, someone have 8 Golden Lodge (new) 25HLD 9B for Alfa 164 T.S. catalyzed with a good price?
I'm in Italy

His originale post - Ciao ragazzi, qualcuno ha 8 candele nuove Golden Lodge 25HLD 9B per Alfa 164 2.0 T.S. catalitica ad un prezzo ragionevole?

It looks like NGK BCP 6ES is what one poster recommended.

Didn't you use Champions C6BMC two electrode sparkplug that Alfa Romeo sold under Alfa part number 60593139 in yours?

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Yuuup those are the ones I currently have in the car and like quite a bit - the old Lodge are cleaned up and in the boxes for later use.... But - mine does not have a catalyst. I also have a set of NGK B6PET I have not tried yet and I have a set of Beru. I don't know the P/N but the numbers off the plug are: UXF56 R6 310 They work well as well. Tell him I'm in FVG vicine Pordenone/Casarsa d. Delizia if he need help.

The Lodges are hard to find at a good"ish" price but can be found, I personally am not paying 15 bucks for a plug - moreso when I think "I need 8 of them...". When I redo the leads to all red Mallory, I'm gonna run the NGK and see if I like them. All from Summit, I think the plugs were 3.99 each.

Where it is a problem is the connectors to the plug. I have no idea what he'd have but some of the newer NGK do not have the removable tip so you have threads for the lead to slide down on and grip. Major PITA. Good luck. Have him write me if need be. ciao, chris

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use
NGK BCP6E, V-Line No 17
for my 1992 T.S. 8V. The Sparks have removable caps, they can be screwed off.
I have not seen differences in performance compared to the golden ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts