Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Except for the mud flaps, it looks like a photo from 1967 factory advertisement. Your Alfa always looks perfect.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Very nice.

Second time this week I was reminded of my trip to Bofors Sweden when I was there to install robotic equipment there. 20 years past. Nice people and excellent country drives.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Wille, my son Erik (Margaretas son also) from Höllviken was here for 17 days over Christmas with his family...they were amazed at the cold ,rainy winter we had...one day it was actually warmer in Skåne than in Houston!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yepp, Bjorn S. The winter is not what it used to be. Here's another beautiful photo of a Duetto in the US, by Evan Klein.

:001_smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wille, The first picture is the car you often showcase here on the BB, but the second picture looks like a US model '69? What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wille, The first picture is the car you often showcase here on the BB, but the second picture looks like a US model '69? What am I missing?
The second car is a 1750 Veloce US version. No mud flaps. I found it on the Motor Trend Classic. It should be located in the US but I don't know the owner. The Duetto and the photo is beautiful. It's done by a pro photografer. I love it.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
just queries Willie. But have can you define, that the picture from Motor Trend classick, it is a 1750 from that picture
From what I can see, the rims are 14", the 1600 had 15". Unless they have been changed of course. The side repeaters are on front of the wheels too, likely to be a US 1750.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Thanks for the education Wille. I should have noticed the side markers. The wheel size I am unable to judge. But the sidemarkers , should be evidence enough , its a 1750

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
Trivia question to above photo:
anyone know what the "USC" cut cleverly into the hedge stands for?
Univ. of Southern California...maybe?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
USC= University of Spolied Children (if its at campus??)....my daughter went there....or as a client of mine said " University of Second Choice" )( he was a grad from UCLA , his wife was USC)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I sent picture to my daughter and asked...she said it is USC, either the science bldg. or library , she couldn't remember which , but recognizes the bldg

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
but top down, side windows up...heater on full blast? that's how I used to drive my Fiat 1500 convertible in Stockholm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts