Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I know there have been previous posts but can someone tell me what I am doing wrong to check the "check engine" codes in my 1991 164 base?

I turn the key to the run position. I hold down the "test" button on the dashboard for three to five seconds but the check engine never flashes. It just remains lit. Help! :eek:

164guy

·
1991 164L
27,633 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I know there have been previous posts but can someone tell me what I am doing wrong to check the "check engine" codes in my 1991 164 base?

I turn the key to the run position. I hold down the "test" button on the dashboard for three to five seconds but the check engine never flashes. It just remains lit. Help! :eek:

164guy

Alfa 164 Motronic Self-Diagnosis If you do procedure A, key on then push big black square "cough drop looking" button on left side of steering column cover NOT rectangle TEST BUTTON for dash icons and CEL codes should work.

·
1991 164L
27,633 Posts
Thanks for clearing me up Steve. Now I have a lambda probe to replace.

Ciao!
I doubt it. What code did you get 1223 or 1224? Usually neither one mean you have to change O2 sensor. You need to find out what is causing the code.

1-2-2-3
The heated lambda probe regulator inner adjuster reaches the minimum or the maximum value of correction.
1-2-2-4
The heated lambda probe transmits to the control unit a tension 1.009V or <0.0928V.
The heated lambda probe malfunction persists for more than 2.5 sec.
After the following conditions verify:
Engine temperature <74.60C (166.280F) for at least 3 minutes.
Engine load > 4 msec for at least 5 seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts