Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys:

I recently fired up the transplanted 3.0L 12V in my '65 Giulia GT. The engines runs, but not great. I wanted to pull the error codes off the T1 or T2 connectors, but not sure how.
Can anyone suggest a link for how to interface and code definitions.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
26,912 Posts
Is this the St Augustine spider/164 conversion? Did you install cleaned, checked and tested fuel injectors with new small filters in each injector? Good wires, plugs, cap and rotor? Good O2 sensor and 40+ psi of fuel pressure?

I suspect you would need Marelli tester with correct MA-xx cartridge for tester to get any data out of T1 tester connector.

You might be able to install push button between light blue white wire and black wire at T1. Not sure if but suspect white-red wire at T1 is trigger wire from pin 12 of ecu to tester. Check it with a meter for voltage with key on. It maybe trigger wire for flashing codes to tester. Now light-blue-red wire from ecu pin 17 goes to CEL in 164 instrument cluster so maybe you could hook a test lamp to it and ground test lamp and see if you get a light with key on and it stays on or goes out. I guess if you push your button at T1 with key on 3-5 seconds to start test see what happens.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve:

Thanks for your response.
This is a 1965 Stepnose in the Cincinnati area.
Totally fresh engine rebuild, new rebuilt injectors, O2 sensor, cap, rotor, wires, etc.
I didn't check fuel pressure, but will do.

Will let you know how it checks out.
Very much appreciate you help.
Thanks again.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts