Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Hey!

I am in touch with the owner and just posted a request for someone to please go take a look. Back off!!! :D :D

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I know. that is why I am going to buy her if you guys would shut up long enough. :D

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
It's a present for my mechanic. :D

Seriously. I have always wanted a 1750 GT. It is my mechanic's fault though. He claims that is the best car Alfa ever made.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Anybody know anybody in Minneapolis?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in touch with the owner and just posted a request for someone to please go take a look. Back off!!! :D :D
:) It looks like a deal and I hope it comes home with you.

I looked at one for a little more over the weekend in Texas and it didn't seem as nice as this one.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
He says it's not ready for a cross-country trip. So I'll send my mechanic! He can fix it as he goes. It's his fault anyway. :D

Waiting on pins and needles for better pictures. !! :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Randy, I'd be very careful here. Something does not smell right with this one. The low - LOW - price, for one.

Lead with your head, not your heart.

Good luck, hope it's real and hope you get it.

David

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Thanks, yeah, I have a few ideas. I am serious about sending my mechanic. He will check it out. If no good, I'm out a couple plane tickets. No biggy.

Regards,

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Well, if the owner would call or write or something, I would. I have a funny feeling about this deal. I betcha he doesn't really want to sell. I told him I was going to drive it out to Cali. He's all "oh, you don't want this rusty car. they've got nice ones out there. it's not ready to drive that far" and so forth.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well, if the owner would call or write or something, I would. I have a funny feeling about this deal. I betcha he doesn't really want to sell. I told him I was going to drive it out to Cali. He's all "oh, you don't want this rusty car. they've got nice ones out there. it's not ready to drive that far" and so forth.
I bet the guy got swamped with a ton of calls ... a little over a year back there was a gtv in Northern Cal, really low price, it had been sitting for a long time unlike the car you're looking at. I think I was the second caller to the guy who said after posting it he was buried with e-mail offers, and someone was already driving up to see the car ... then he realised the car was a little more special then what he thought ... was worth more $ Next thing you know it was sold, and then of course months later it showed up again and was flipped ...

It's a shame the number Alfas that are sitting out there unfinished rotting away as they always have because of "Alfisti" who buy them + six others because it's a "deal" ... of course they never do anything with the car because they have too many **** irons in the fire and haven't really thought about the 5 to 20K it will take just to make the car right ...

GV

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I bet the guy got swamped with a ton of calls ... a little over a year back there was a gtv in Northern Cal, really low price, it had been sitting for a long time unlike the car you're looking at. I think I was the second caller to the guy who said after posting it he was buried with e-mail offers, and someone was already driving up to see the car ... then he realised the car was a little more special then what he thought ... was worth more $ Next thing you know it was sold, and then of course months later it showed up again and was flipped ...

It's a shame the number Alfas that are sitting out there unfinished rotting away as they always have because of "Alfisti" who buy them + six others because it's a "deal" ... of course they never do anything with the car because they have too many **** irons in the fire and haven't really thought about the 5 to 20K it will take just to make the car right ...

GV

Well, here's the deal. The owner emailed some good honest pictures. The car is not that bad, but too far gone for me. What a shame. That interior is so nicely preserved, but as Greg points out, the cost of restoring the body would leave me stranded. My Alfetta projects are enough!

Somebody in the Midwest where labor is cheaper should rescue that very deserving classic. Hey, in England they would call it "nearly rust free"! :D

Regards to the Alway Looking brotherhood,

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Yep.

That's it all right. The description is a tad glib, but the price is about right, I reckon. (The rust damage around the windshield and jacking points is pretty serious. And that is just what I gleaned from the fuller set of pictures the owner provided.)

Still...

If it was here in the AlfaBay, I would find it very diff. to resist. Some Alfa mechanics claim that is the best car ever made!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts