Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry to awaken such old thread, but if we leave the trunk area - how about the chassie parts underneath the car? Would it do any difference in handling to weld 1" welds and leave 2" in between? The front should benifit from this, since all performance upgrades includes a beafty anti-roll bar.

Just curious about the real benifit of seam welding a chassi/body.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does anyone have some photos of their cars floor stitch / seam welded? Having a hard time visualizing how to do this. From underneath the car, or from inside also?
What about the rear? No stitching or seaming? (That would make sense since you would benifit from more rigidity in the front in these cars?)

I borrowed a photo from google, is this what I should strive for?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dear members,

Just to show what efforts were made to design crumple zones for the Giulia range, have a look at these pictures that were taken from the forum: Primi esempi sicurezza Alfa 159

In the book "Giulia l'ha disegnata il vento" you will find further proof of the fact that Alfa Romeo was designing crumple zones into the Giulia range.

Ciao, Olaf
I'd rather die in a collision than get my dear alfa wrecked. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.