Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just renewed my insurance and have driven about 20 miles and must say the chassis stiffener is very,very, very....worth it. Still don't havethe rear cross bar on yet but the reduction in cowl shake and corner handling is, shall we say, very apparent!
Best bang for the (declining) buck in my opinion.
Also noticed, being black, it's a bit faster, but that might be because the stiffener is also black. Maybe for you red alfa boosters you can lobby for a red painted version. Good luck!

·
Registered
what part?
10,277 Posts
black justs hides the dirt, grease, ojl that will slow you down .. RED cars rule!!:):) i made my own stiffner, out of 1 1/4" alumiumn square tubing and a secret addtion to make it even stiffer, but both side weigh a little less than the on side of the steel versoin.. pluss mine concects at 3 points

·
Registered
837 Posts
black justs hides the dirt, grease, ojl that will slow you down .. RED cars rule!!:):) i made my own stiffner, out of 1 1/4" alumiumn square tubing and a secret addtion to make it even stiffer, but both side weigh a little less than the on side of the steel versoin.. pluss mine concects at 3 points
Any photos?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
shop for KYB shocks from rock auto or jc whitney. etc google for best price.
front is KG 4616
rear is KG 5517.
Best regards, Elio

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,121 Posts
I don't like gas shocks like KYB. Every Spider I've seen with them looks jacked up due to the gas charge. PO had put KYBs on my TR7 and they ride okay but I had to chop the rear springs to get it down to correct ride height.

The original Spica shocks seem to last a long time. At only 53K I'm willing to bet they're fine. Koni Reds aren't significantly harsher than stock so if the OEM ones do need replacing the only reason not to go with the Konis is the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts