Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the hose from the hose from the intake hard plastic middle section to the charcoal canister has a big gaping hole at the fender apron, which probably explains the idle issue I noticed after I changed my motor mounts last week. I'd like to fix it this weekend with locally sourced hoses from a BMW/Mercedes mechanic.

What size hose is this, and about how long is it?

Normally I'd just remove and measure the hose myself, but living in a commercial/residential condo development, I know that the dentist downstairs will have a hissy fit if he sees me working on the Spider in the parking lot!

Thanks!

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
For the S3....

10mm 4-5ft (10mm is hard to find, 3/8" fuel vapor hoseworks just fine (9.5mm))

Whilst you are in there change out the other smaller diameter hose that goes to the charcoal canister. I used 4-5ft of 4mm silicone hose for this.

Derek

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info caliscouser!

Give the dentist a box of candy...
Ha! He'd probably appreciate it if I give his exiting patients toffee, taffy or rock candy!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I spent the day changing the charcoal canister hoses, along with installing a clean oil vapor separator and corresponding hoses. The old charcoal canister hoses basically crumbled in my hands as I was removing them. Fortunately there wasn't any rust or other corrosion in the charcoal canister or in the well where it's bolts.

After I was done, the car started with some coaxing, then it moved up to fast idle. After a minute or so, it idled around 1,100 to 1,200 RPM as shown on the car tach. I bought a new idle control "O" ring which I will install later and adjust the idle down slightly.

Thanks all for the input!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts