Alfa Romeo Forums banner

161 - 180 of 8652 Posts

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
My latest Christmas ditty...sung to the tune Jingle Bells..

Crap to Buy, crap to buy, at the crap to buy store. Each and every year, you must buy more and more. HEY! Crap to buy, crap to buy, at the crap to buy store. Stop spending money on the crap, and put an end to war..

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
dretceterini said:
My latest Christmas ditty...sung to the tune Jingle Bells..

Crap to Buy, crap to buy, at the crap to buy store. Each and every year, you must buy more and more. HEY! Crap to buy, crap to buy, at the crap to buy store. Stop spending money on the crap, and put and end to war..
AMEN to that!!!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
twoliterlover said:
And even if one lived as if there were, but there were not (hard to accept that the longer one lives and watches life) then at least the world would have been a better place because you had lived.Jay
Perhaps some of us live this way because of a strong personal sense of ethics, not because of human-invented traditions only a few thousand years old. Just an alternative view.

(We now return you to the regularly scheduled silliness!)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
WithanF said:
I was wondering, does anyone know when to expect Haley's Comet?
To actually state a fact in this ever growing thread, Haley's Comet appeared last in 1986. It returns every 76 years, therefore it should return in 2062.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #170 (Edited)
This thread is being brought to you by the LDS church; the only place you can get baptised after death. Today's desert special, as it is every day, is green jello.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
rogerspeed said:
Is your new book to be tittled: BAPTISSIMO!
How did you find out? Did you sneek into the back room at the Moromon handicrafts store, where Alfas are now being made? Your punishment is to say 100 hail Larrys (Larry Miller is the owner of the Utah Jazz, a bunch of car dealerships, and is building a huge international quality race track just outside of Salt Lake) You also must eat 100 pounds of lutefisk.

·
Registered
71 Posts
WTB a monkey navigator / V8 mechanic for salt flat runs.

Frustrated with the underpowered Alfa V6, I have taken maters into my own hands...

And I agree, the IQ level in Los Angeles has dropped dramatically in the past few years.

PS: WTB a monkey navigator / V8 mechanic for salt flat runs.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
dretceterini said:
How did you find out? Did you sneek into the back room at the Moromon handicrafts store, where Alfas are now being made? Your punishment is to say 100 hail Larrys (Larry Miller is the owner of the Utah Jazz, a bunch of car dealerships, and is building a huge international quality race track just outside of Salt Lake) You also must eat 100 pounds of lutefisk.
And lets not forget his movie theaters and restaurents too.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
The top ten Alfa Trivia Facts (perfect for an Alfa Pop-Quiz!...Amaze your friends!)

1. Alfa Romeo won the first World Motor Racing Championship in 1925 and the
first Formula One World Championship in 1950.

2. During the 1925 Belgian Grand Prix, the Alfa Romeo P2s of Ascari and
Campari were so far ahead that the crowd became disgruntled with the
apparent walkover. They were, therefore, brought into the pits for a light
snack, whilst the mechanics polished the cars. When the competitors caught
up, the Alfa Romeo team went back out to record a somewhat closer victory.

3. In the 1933 Mille Miglia, the first 10 cars across the line were all Alfa
Romeos.

4. Henry Ford once said: "Whenever I see an Alfa Romeo, I tip my hat".

5. The famous four leaf cloverleaf motif set against a white background was
introduced (officially) as a means of conveying the Italian national colours (red, white and green).

6. Alfa Romeo has not always confined its talents to producing cars. Over
the years it has made aeroplanes, marine engines, trucks, buses, tractors,
road-rollers, railway engines, cooking stoves and aluminium windows.

7. After the Second World War, Alfa Romeo's return to international motor
racing was made possible by the existence of five Alfa 158 Alfettas that had
been dismantled and hidden in a cheese factory in Melzo near Lake Orta,
Italy.

8. In the 1950s, 'Alfetta-powered' speedboats won 25 European Championships, 26 World Championships and gained no fewer than 62 world records.

9. In 1958, during a celebrated murder trial, the defence case rested on the
claim that it was impossible to drive from Milan to Malpensa in less than an
hour in an Alfa Giulietta. So the prosecution tried it - and succeeded. The
defendant got life imprisonment.

10. President John F. Kennedy owned an Alfa Giulietta Spider.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Alex Csank said:
Some folks have asked me about the origins of the Alfa snake. This animated story tells the whole story. I hope you all learn something from the following link: http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html

LOL I remember Trogdor...He was the big thing when I was a Sophomore, people running around with Trogdor shirts and homestar runner mugs...

Needless to say, it was A-Mazing :D

161 - 180 of 8652 Posts