the pickled herring you can trust
and the lox put you in orbit A-OK
But that big hunk of liverwurst
has been there since October first
and today is the 23rd of May.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I was wondering, does anyone know when to expect Haley's Comet?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Great great fun

We haven't had this much fun since we flamed that guy who said he had sued the dear doctor. Anybody know how to get hold of him so we can really have fun? If Simon blackballed him, then let's all beg Simon to forgive him. He made our day. Or can we still get Alfa Romeo to pay attention to us by blabbing some of their secrets (hah!) Nice to be back after a couple months in sick bay. Enjoy your Alfas as much as you can while you are young. It's hard getting old.

Now back to the enjoyment. Liked the train wreck picture. And I can see it would be fun to have a meeting somewhere so we could just laugh and drink beer. Loved the urinal done by Pininfarina. Is the person who posted that feminine. My hat is off to her (and if not a her, I apologize). :D :D :D

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
twoliterlover said:
At home one of my kids at the kitchen table would suddenly shout out in the middle of the conversation, "do you like the orange formica?" and we would all know no one was listening. So it would be an opening for another off the wall comment that would make us all laugh.

But, I must agree with Stu. It is getting too hard to retrieve the information on particular items if the threads bounce too much. How about putting comments concerning specific types of cars in the proper bins? Hooray for you Doctor in bringing this to our attention. And it has been fun watching the comments. Certainly the guys and gals on the BB are sharp witted.
Who you calling sharp whitted? I am obviously mentally ill

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Whitted, witted, wetted -- all the same

Glad to see you are entering into this with joy and glee, Stu. I'd love to sit down and talk to you about Theology some time. There was one of the most famous scientists ever -- Blaise Pascal -- who said that it was clear that a person had to face a choice to live as if there were a God or take a terrible risk. If one believed and lived as if there were a God, and there was, then that would be great. If one lived as if there were none, but there was, that would be disastrous. And even if one lived as if there were, but there were not (hard to accept that the longer one lives and watches life) then at least the world would have been a better place because you had lived.

Nice to be back among the living. Now to get out into my garage. I don't even have any oil under my fingernails. Jay

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Josh, As I understand it, Hannukah falls on December 25th this year, doesn't it? I believe that is the first time in an awfully long while that it does that. Me? I celebrate the Solstice.

As my family heritage is from the Carpathian Mountains, where the lore of Dracula, Werewolves and other interesting folks come from...my way of celebrating is a bit different. Basically, I gather round a Spruce tree in the woods, set it on fire and then dance around it naked, just as Sunset occurs on the shortest day of the year - December 21st.

By the way, it's pronounced like "Chank", but in Hungarian, it is pronounced more like "Chawnk".

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Changing Subjects!

A few lines I live by:

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

"It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." John Andrew Holmes.

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Support bacteria, they're the only culture some people have.

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Motorcycle shipping is really exspensive.... $700 to new jersey from phoenix. plus the guy who wanted to buy it called me two hours after i dropped it off at the loading dock. he offered my asking price

·
Registered
594 Posts
twoliterlover said:
We haven't had this much fun since we flamed that guy who said he had sued the dear doctor. Anybody know how to get hold of him so we can really have fun? If Simon blackballed him, then let's all beg Simon to forgive him. He made our day. Or can we still get Alfa Romeo to pay attention to us by blabbing some of their secrets (hah!) Nice to be back after a couple months in sick bay. Enjoy your Alfas as much as you can while you are young. It's hard getting old.

Now back to the enjoyment. Liked the train wreck picture. And I can see it would be fun to have a meeting somewhere so we could just laugh and drink beer. Loved the urinal done by Pininfarina. Is the person who posted that feminine. My hat is off to her (and if not a her, I apologize). :D :D :D
This is way too sensible for this thread, keep on the subject, of which there is none.

·
Registered
352 Posts
One Thumb:
The problem with the costume isn't the full handle of Capt. Morgan in the first picture, it's the half full handle of Capt. Morgan in the second picture!! :eek: :eek: Hope you stopped after that and switched to real rum. :D..... but then you'd have to change your costume, never mind :D :D :D :D

p.s. What's the nun doing to the cowgirl????

141 - 160 of 8652 Posts