1301 - 1320 of 8656 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,378 Posts
It's just (2.4 trillion) money!

It needs a positive ion generator:cool:.
:DGordon Raymond

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Changing the Subject within Threads

It needs a positive ion generator:cool:.
:DGordon Raymond
Now here's an abrupt change of topic....I didn't even try to build a transitional bridge. OOps, we were talking about bridges earlier, weren't we, but not transitional ones to my knowledge.

I cataloged a book today on "Love" with various famous people, couples etc. covering the period from the 1900s to the 1980s, included in it was Federico Fellini and Giulietta Masina. I wanted to name our youngest daughter Giulia and it was vetoed by Pat because it would make her life miserable with everyone spelling it Julia and not being able to pronounce what the correct spelling looked like.

·
Super Moderator
11,378 Posts
It is sometimes wise to select another gear when approaching a corner of 90 degrees or more:cool:. :DGordon Raymond

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

Well, now that you mention it, how much does the average segue?
In this thread, I'd say the average segue is somewhere between rough and abrupt....certainly not smooth or like a hot knife through butter. But then that average is based on my memory and interpretation not on any statistical data or math by any means.

Speaking of a hot knife through butter, maybe I'll go have a toasted bagel. Alex, at my house, that is gourmet cooking as long as I don't cut myself with the knife, get burned, or burn down the house in the process. (That humor probably wasn't appreciated by many in Southern California today based on the ring of fire present.)

Raymond Gordon said:
It is sometimes wise to select another gear when approaching a corner of 90 degrees or more.
Then I guess auto racing, driving, and sewing have something in common.

Have you ever pondered or considered why a race track has corners, since by definition it is the intersection of two lines that intersect or an interior angle formed by two meeting walls, pretty much meaning 90 degrees in my estimation: where streets intersect, corner of the room, etc. Why weren't they called oval end caps if the other area is called a straight-away?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
In this thread, I'd say the average segue is somewhere between rough and abrupt....certainly not smooth or like a hot knife through butter. But then that average is based on my memory and interpretation not on any statistical data or math by any means.
Interesting, but it's possible you were reading too much into the question. I would have guessed the answer was 'about a pound and a half'. But I digress...

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

Interesting, but it's possible you were reading too much into the question. I would have guessed the answer was 'about a pound and a half'. But I digress...
Is that something "new" or a recent discovery that has been recognized on your part?

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

No, just a bad joke (re-read the actual question).
I re-read the actual question before I posted my response; got the what does an average "seg" "weigh"....

However, I think you misunderstood my reply about something "new" or a "recent discovery;" it didn't have to do with what a "seg" weighs.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I re-read the actual question before I posted my response; got the what does an average "seg" "weigh"....

However, I think you misunderstood my reply about something "new" or a "recent discovery;" it didn't have to do with what a "seg" weighs.
Yes, that's what comes of doing these things too late in the evening. You're right--it's a very old joke...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Some say the Stig's urine can be used as octane booster.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
A while ago, or maybe even somewhat longer there was a style of joke whereby you gave the line just before the last one.:)

To complete the gag the listener had to come up with the punch line.

I'll give it a try, perhaps someone can recall another one.

" Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"

"----------------------------------"

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Really?

Some say the Stig's urine can be used as octane booster.
Helps keep neighborhood cats out of the yard too;)
(I've heard it brings out the shine in magnesium wheels as well.):eek:

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
A while ago, or maybe even somewhat longer there was a style of joke whereby you gave the line just before the last one.:)

To complete the gag the listener had to come up with the punch line.

I'll give it a try, perhaps someone can recall another one.

" Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"

"----------------------------------"
"The hooker says to chicken, 'Hey, how about a lay?' "

"-------------------"

1301 - 1320 of 8656 Posts