101 - 120 of 8652 Posts

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Sorry, I menat spell jegger

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
FWIW IOU a T2 4 the posting to my own post with more erroro, hope ur not ROFLAMAOXYZGAGA -- but ***...

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
What's the difference between Mick Jagger and a Scot?

Mick Jagger sings "Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!"

A Scot yells "Hey! McLeod! Get off of my ewe!" :D

I'll now await flames from the Scots!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ok, so I have this problem with my BMW M3 because I wanted to check the oil and it was a little low so I decided to fill it up but while doing that the filler cap fell down between some of the incredibly annoying, unnecessary and frankly ugly plastic panels which some dork in Munich decided would look cool instead of the engine - well anyway, I couldn't find it and so I asked the dude at the gasstation what I should do in a rather lengthy and sometimes abusive and yelling way, well you know, I was a little annoyed that the fillercap had fallen all the way down there under the plastic panels and all of that so I guess I was a little obnoxious or something. So I yelled at him: "Hey dude, what should I do about my fillercap which has fallen all the way down here between all of this stupid, ugly plastic....." - well - you get the picture, right?

So the dude looked really annoyed with me, I really don't know why - I mean - I hadn't done anything wrong or said anything - well not much anyway - maybe I got a little carried away.

Anyway, the dude looked really annoyed with me and he just yelled back at me: "OH PUT A SOCK IN IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!"

So I did.......

·
Registered
357 Posts
I like to eat snot...

DOG SNOT!!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sorry to change the subject, but a question for our Australian friends...do toilets really swirl in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere? :confused:

I saw a puppy this morning, but it was somebody else's. Darn.

·
Registered
770 Posts
no,no,no, a tesla coil cannot possibly be summarized as a lumped-circuit design as it is not mere transformer action, but a distributed-circuit theory works invariably since there is not uniform current flow throughtout a quarter-wave resonator. Of course it only matters when you are generating sufficient POWER to disintrigrate puppies.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Brilliant! A hijack-proof thread

A thread with no thread.

Now that we know the beta works how do we incorporate it into all the others? Maybe just move everything inline here?

Mike

·
Registered
372 Posts
Rocketjosh said:
GO Cubs '06! and if not, '07!! and definitely by our centennial, '08!
You know, every once in a while someone starts nattering on about the impending end of the world, but I don't worry---I'll start to worry when the Cubs win the Series and Alfa Romeo returns to the U.S. market. :p

·
Registered
372 Posts
harrygibus said:
No, I think he's saying that if you have an infinite number of monkeys beating an infinite number of typewriters with aluminum baseball bats for an infinite amount of time, they would create a maserati engine.

Whether that engine would have two or four valves per cylinder is left up to the imagination.
Silly man...my Maserati engine has three valves per cylinder. :p

Actually the engine is fine, but I'm fairly confident that a committee of chimpanzees came up with the way it's shoehorned into the car. For instance, the intake manifold must be removed to get to the starter :eek: , which is nestled in the V between the cylinder heads. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
528 Posts
alfadan said:
excuse me but, i heard there was a thread with a whole bunch of italian women in it, can someone please tell me how to get there?
Down the hall, second door on the right, ask for The Judge.

Glad I can help.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Chemistry exams are terrible.

having to take a chemistry exam without a calculator because someone stole it a week before is even more terrible.

but having to take a chemistry exam without a calculator and forgetting how to do long division....PRICELESS

yea, try taking the negative logarithm of hydrogen ions in your head. We werent allowed scratch paper. The equation I used was:

if y = log x, x = 10 to the y power.

hellooooooo winter vacation! <- time to wash my car :)

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
When will Alfa come to the US again???

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
tubut said:
When will Alfa come to the US again???
Actually Ruedi, there were 54 of those built. Although they were unanimously criticized by the automotive press as being odd-looking cars and their sales were a dismal failure, they still seem to have had appeal to some adventurous Alfisti...and they still do! Each of them had a different serialized name-plate attached to the dashboard in consecutive order and they were all signed by Craig Morningstar, Don Black and Fred DiMatteo. Now, the odd thing is that while the first 37 were built on a 116 platform, the last ones were built on the 119 platform, necessitating a different rocker cover (because of the differing lengths of the torsion bars. The earlier ones seem to be more valuable (and tossable), but the later cars had better A/C, seats and a less 'cobbled-together' interior. As is often the case with 'special' Alfas, there was no performance difference between these cars and the standard 116/119 vehicles. Of course the strange lines of the coach-work, combined with what is almost assuredly the worst batch of Soviet steel ever produced means that very few still exist today. Interestingly, it seems that Tom Zat has at least three of the 13 known remaining cars! IMHO these beasts (as opposed to beauties) have a special place in Alfa history...somewhere between the Arna and the Nicki Lauda Spider.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Alex Csank said:
Actually Ruedi, there were 54 of those built. Although they were unanimously criticized by the automotive press as being odd-looking cars and their sales were a dismal failure, they still seem to have had appeal to some adventurous Alfisti...and they still do! Each of them had a different serialized name-plate attached to the dashboard in consecutive order and they were all signed by Craig Morningstar, Don Black and Fred DiMatteo. Now, the odd thing is that while the first 37 were built on a 116 platform, the last ones were built on the 119 platform, necessitating a different rocker cover (because of the differing lengths of the torsion bars. The earlier ones seem to be more valuable (and tossable), but the later cars had better A/C, seats and a less 'cobbled-together' interior. As is often the case with 'special' Alfas, there was no performance difference between these cars and the standard 116/119 vehicles. Of course the strange lines of the coach-work, combined with what is almost assuredly the worst batch of Soviet steel ever produced means that very few still exist today. Interestingly, it seems that Tom Zat has at least three of the 13 known remaining cars! IMHO these beasts (as opposed to beauties) have a special place in Alfa history...somewhere between the Arna and the Nicki Lauda Spider.
Since you asked for a picture, here is one of Alex in front of AR00116/1190001, which happens to be the last production "Alfanator" ever built. They called it the 55th just to confuse.

Cheers

101 - 120 of 8652 Posts