Alfa Romeo Forums banner

8641 - 8652 of 8652 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,210 Posts
OMG! Worse than me!
I LIKE reading BOOKS. No computerized tablet for me. When I fall asleep reading, I wanna get wacked in the face with a REAL book.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Well, Gordon, I like paper books too.

But when traveling, my new iPad Mini carries all 12 volumes of Audibon Bird ID books, the Bible, all ten current best sellers, and a dozen other books and references. It'll even read to ME if Im tired!

It also has 12 of the nations best newspapers that I can read daily, and a dozen of the technical journals i read. I get 200 of the latest daily funnies and all the crosswords I can tolerate. I can stream any football or basketball game in the country as well as any TV program I want. It has a dozen current movies.

I also carry all 500 of the CDs I own on my iPhone so I can listen to any of that. (Movies on the large 9 inch HD+ resolution screen of the iPad, music on the 128 GB iPhone).

It weighs 5 ounces and is the size as an open paperback except its only 5 mm thick. Uses the same charger as my phone. Reads just like a paperback too. With its built in WiFi and bluetooth I can load anything else I want, and listen to all of it with my wireless headphones that weigh 3 oz and have noise cancelling to keep the din of air flight at bay.

Oh, and it cost me only $49 with a coupon I had, and shares the data link with my iPhone so no extra charges.

Like you, I love books too, but there is much to be said for the latest technology too.

Robert

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
I used to subscribe to newspapers until I realized Belinda's bird can poop on the Thrifty Nickel for free.

My cellphone can access the entirety of human knowledge and experience. I use it to watch cat videos and laugh at people hurting themselves in stupid ways.

Yeah, I know. But it's still funny.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I used to subscribe to newspapers until I realized Belinda's bird can poop on the Thrifty Nickel for free.

My cellphone can access the entirety of human knowledge and experience. I use it to watch cat videos and laugh at people hurting themselves in stupid ways.

Yeah, I know. But it's still funny.

Oooops!

·
Super Moderator
11,210 Posts
No baths. Eat snow. Don't wash anything. Easy solution. It will be warm in spring. Dig it deeper then.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
it's clear to me

Well, anyone can see that those on this thread have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do!
I would think you could at least hold your attention span for,,,,
uh,,
oh shoot,, what was I saying? I'm going back to what ever it was I was doing,,

·
Premium Member
26,698 Posts
What were you doing? First my hair went then my ?

I had pie for breakfast with the adjective pizzxx in front of aa I think.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
{YAWN...stretch} hey, who woke me up!

8641 - 8652 of 8652 Posts