Alfa Romeo Forums banner

8581 - 8600 of 8652 Posts

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Open flame hair removal. Sounds like an episode from the Three Stooges! I had my hair cut once in Turkey. While waiting my turn, I observed the barber, after finishing the cut on the man in the chair in front of me (a local), spun him around in the chair, grabbed a tiny pair of scissors and a tiny comb, tilted the man's head back and trimmed the man's nostril hairs.
Ya just don't see that attention to detail and customer service here in 'murica

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
And Now For Something Completely Differen, Part Two!!

This one involves a Christmas gift. As an amusement, Lois gave me a gift certificate for a "pedicure". I told her my feet did not need a cure.

As anyone would understand, there has been a growing sense of obligation.

So the other morning off we go to the foot place and let me tell you this is "no-man's land". Fortunately there was only one customer, plus I had Lois for company.

Chairs include a built-in sort of footbowl (not a new sport) with running water. And removed of shoes and socks, with pants legs hiked up the process began. The chair had some elaborate massage system. Nails were clipped and buffed. Calluses were sanded. Feet were anointed and massaged.

After some 45 minutes it was done.

Walking out, I ran into an old friend who is also a gearhead.

His look demanded an explanation.

"Just had my feet detailed".

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Changing the Subject within Threads

This one involves a Christmas gift. As an amusement, Lois gave me a gift certificate for a "pedicure". I told her my feet did not need a cure.

As anyone would understand, there has been a growing sense of obligation.

So the other morning off we go to the foot place and let me tell you this is "no-man's land". Fortunately there was only one customer, plus I had Lois for company.

Chairs include a built-in sort of footbowl (not a new sport) with running water. And removed of shoes and socks, with pants legs hiked up the process began. The chair had some elaborate massage system. Nails were clipped and buffed. Calluses were sanded. Feet were anointed and massaged.

After some 45 minutes it was done.

Walking out, I ran into an old friend who is also a gearhead.

His look demanded an explanation.

"Just had my feet detailed".
I guess the appropriate question, is what color did you have them "detailed" with?

I'm a regular pedicure customer, and so is my friend, Lois, not your wife since we live in different countries. Lois and I used to work together and coincidentally suffer from the same illness, so a pedicure is a nice pick-me-up and life-saver in more ways than you can appreciate.

I will say it's important, as anyone that uses a salon knows, to pick carefully as far as cleanliness and procedure.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Changing the Subject within Threads

Are you saying Michigan is a different country? I always wondered.....:001_tt2:

Robert
No, I was indicating that Lois, Subtle's wife, and I would have a little commute problem to meet at a salon because Subtle and Lois live in British Columbia.

Last time I checked, the U.S. and Canada were separate countries. But you know, with the world situation changing daily, I may have missed something in the news today.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I guess the appropriate question, is what color did you have them "detailed" with?

I'm a regular pedicure customer, and so is my friend, Lois, not your wife since we live in different countries. Lois and I used to work together and coincidentally suffer from the same illness, so a pedicure is a nice pick-me-up and life-saver in more ways than you can appreciate.

I will say it's important, as anyone that uses a salon knows, to pick carefully as far as cleanliness and procedure.
Cheryl

I tried to send a "private message", but the file is full.

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Minor Issue

A little advice to avoid culinary set backs.

When making a three-layer pan of nachos, assemble all of the ingredients, repeat all, before starting.

Got things started and found there were no green onions to dice up. Thought "no problem" it is spring and the chives are up in the garden.

Very disappointing!!!!!

:001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
(Sorry this is about 3 months late, but...)

It ain't easy being green!

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
That's so very chive of them... Tell them to get a job!

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Stephen Hawking said just the other day that we can't go back to the beginning, anyway... so it's pointless to even try.

I'm off to catch a plane. A friend asked me if I was going to North Rhode Island, or South Rhode Island. I'm hoping I'll have time to see both.

·
Premium Member
26,715 Posts
Eric Tolle advocates being in the NOW.

8581 - 8600 of 8652 Posts