Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 200 of 8652 Posts

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
I'm new to Alfas and I don't have any experience working on cars.

The Montreal engine seems to be finicky.

Is it easier to put a 327 Chevy or a 289 Ford engine into a '53 Giulietta Spider?

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
tubut said:

Is it easier to put a 327 Chevy or a 289 Ford engine into a '53 Giulietta Spider?
Anyone ????

B U M P ! ! !

·
Registered
594 Posts
I put a Massey Fergusson into mine. It doen't handle that well now, but it pulls like a tractor!!!

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Hello. I need to paint my car. Do you think it looks better in "Atomic Brown" or "Azzurro Lugano Metallizzato" ??

·
Registered
540 Posts
tubut said:
Hello. I need to paint my car. Do you think it looks better in "Atomic Brown" or "Azzurro Lugano Metallizzato" ??
Screw "a**urro lugno metallicaloid", I think "pimpin' purple" would do your car justice...its the number one color for hot rides...I just painted right over that ugly, original but shiny alfa red with some sweet purple...threw on some 24" chrome spinners and purple neon underlights and all the ladys love it!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Spinners are so last week. It's all about the wire spoke wheels now. For added looks, put some fake diamonds on the central hubcap. A little bling bling for your ride.

Dr. E, did you ever think such a seemingly harmless thread would turn into an 11+ page monster? :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
I don't seem to be able to find a paint code for "pimpin' purple". Can you help?

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Rocketjosh said:
Spinners are so last week. It's all about the wire spoke wheels now. For added looks, put some fake diamonds on the central hubcap. A little bling bling for your ride.

Dr. E, did you ever think such a seemingly harmless thread would turn into an 11+ page monster? :D :D :D :D
Did I do anything to offend you? After all, I'm just looking for answers and voicing my OPINION.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hello everyone i have a 84 spider and yesterday i was driving and it started to jump so i pull over and turned the car off and havent been able to get it back on luckly my girlfriends dad is a ford mechanic so he came down checked it out and told me my car isnt getting spark so we tow it to his house and check it out and thought it was the coil so we got a replacement and hooked it up and still nothing. so i wanted to know if anyone knew what it could be the car tryes to start but wont turn over so if anyone know please reply please thank you

·
Registered
540 Posts
lol crazy enough, AlfaPunk was being serious. Guess he didn't realize that this post was a kidder, I linked it to him to show him the first post br Dr E saying how he hates it when people hijack threads (he hijacked Simon's alfabb parts shop thread).

AlfaPunk - PM me if you want me to show you how to start a new thread

regards

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
bigpapajoe said:
lol crazy enough, AlfaPunk was being serious. Guess he didn't realize that this post was a kidder, I linked it to him to show him the first post br Dr E saying how he hates it when people hijack threads (he hijacked Simon's alfabb parts shop thread).

AlfaPunk - PM me if you want me to show you how to start a new thread

regards
It's the 3rd time today this punk posted the same brainfart in the wrong forum (see here and here and above) -- anywhere, except where it's supposed to be in the Spider forum. And it's not that other members haven't pointed that out already. I suggest with take the Spider away from him and ban this guy for life from AlfaBB before he starts asking for instant messaging, a Spider forum split and how to resize pictures for posting.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Rocketjosh said:

I thought it possible, as most Alfa people are either strange, nuts, or both :)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
tubut said:

lololol dood put a vortec engine in ur pimp alpha car that sh*t would be tight

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Rocketjosh said:
........such a seemingly harmless thread would turn into an 11+ page monster? :D :D :D :D
If you you change your view settings to show 30 posts at a time, it only comes to 7 pages at this point (make that 8 as my reply is #211), and doesn't seem as long and drawn out as your suggested 11+ pages does.

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
I'm thinking about putting a "7I0" cap on eBay. Any suggestions how much I should be asking?

181 - 200 of 8652 Posts