Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the hard fuel lines just forward of the tank on my 164 S. Though I am very well versed in GTV6, I have not worked on 164's much. Before I go under a start, to save time and effort, anyone know any tricks or techniques to make the job easier?
Much appreciated.

·
1991 164L
27,692 Posts
I need to change the hard fuel lines just forward of the tank on my 164 S. Though I am very well versed in GTV6, I have not worked on 164's much. Before I go under a start, to save time and effort, anyone know any tricks or techniques to make the job easier?
Much appreciated.
If you have a rusted through line in just one or two areas I suggest you just cut line and install hose and double clamps over leaking area(s)

If that is not an option then be advised pressure and return steel lines end at front sub frame area near power steering pump and there are two short rubber hoses there as lines from engine transition to lines under car.

Return steel line then goes up under tank and has another rubber line connecting to black "plastic" Rislan tubing that goes to tank cover.

You need to drop tank to get to rubber hose connection. Use jack stands and remove bolts from rear cross member and three holding tank. support tank with another jack

Other pressure fuel line goes to fuel filter in front of tank.

·
1991 164L
27,692 Posts
Much appreciated.
If you have a rusted through lower pressure return line in just one or two areas I suggest you just cut line and install hose and doulble clamps over leaking area(s). If pressure line probably change line or tripple clamp repair hose splice.

If that is not an option then be advised pressure and return steel lines end at front sub frame area near power steering pump and there are two short rubber hoses there as lines from engine transition to lines under car.

Return steel line then goes up under tank and has another rubber line connecting to black "plastic" Rislan tubing that goes to tank cover.

You need to drop tank to get to rubber hose connection. Use jack stands and remove bolts from rear cross member and three holding tank. support tank with another jack.

Other steel pressure fuel line goes to fuel filter in front of tank.

I put car on 4 jack stands to change complete return steel hard line so I could disconnect at front and under tank at same time.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I will have to remove tank, the holes are in the hard line as it goes up under the tank, can't get to the leaks to patch in [!] a jumper hose.
Looks like a wicked fun job !!
Fortunately tank is empty,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts