Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one changed engine mounts on a 85 spider , easy or difficult , busy doing mine but its hell getting the carbs off the block ( cant reach all the nuts)

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Are you sure the carbs have to come off?

I swapped my mounts and didn't have to remove anything but the overflow and windsheild washer containers.

Granted I've got L-Jet injection, but I can't see that being smaller or any less space consuming than a set of carbs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the carb mounts are torn so ill be replacing them, same time as the engine mounts this way those parts are new all i then need to do is gearbox mount :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do a search - I seem to remember a post called "motor mounts for dummies" that was a very well-done step-by-step for an L-jet car. If the carbs will be off anyway, it should make the job alot easier - pass. side is the toughest.

Good luck.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have changed all the motor mounts in my 83 S3 Spider Carb...is simple is possible to change mounts with elevator or without...

The great problem for me is the language for istruction to change mount... in italian i say all the passages og the changing mounts procedure, but in english..AIUUUTOOOOOOOOO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts