Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need to change the front brake hoses on my Spider. I have the new hoses but am unsure of which nuts on the car to undo to allow me to fix the new ones. Do the hoses screw into the female connectors on the rigid brake hose? If so do I first undo lock nut then unscrew the hose? I have tried to find a drawing but can't find one that shows it clearly.

Thanks

Patrick

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hi,

I need to change the front brake hoses on my Spider. I have the new hoses but am unsure of which nuts on the car to undo to allow me to fix the new ones. Do the hoses screw into the female connectors on the rigid brake hose? If so do I first undo lock nut then unscrew the hose? I have tried to find a drawing but can't find one that shows it clearly.

Thanks

Patrick
patrick, the short answer to your question is that the female connectors on the hard lines are what you unscrew while holding a wrench on the hex on the flex line so it doesn't rotate . but allow me to say this... first there are a lot of things that can go badly wrong for you if you screw this up like turning your hardline into a barber pole... and second and , no disrespect meant , if you have to ask this question then you need to not be doing this job without the supervision of someone that really knows what they are doing. screwing this up out of pure ignorance of what is correct in any number of situations you are going to run into could easily result in you being killed stone dead sometime down the road. find a friend that has done this work correctly to instruct you and make sure it gets done right.

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts