Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Centro Documentation Services??

55K views 291 replies 77 participants last post by  Redmerlin 
#1 ·
Has anyone any new info regarding the reopening of Alfa's Centro Documentation Service? I tried a while back but it was apparently too soon after Marco's move.
Thanks,
B

#288 ·
I hope this post does not duplicate another post in this thread. I consider my self the to be of average intelligence, but barely. I attempted to receive a certificate for my 1988 Milano Verde , I just sold on BAT. They kept asking me for the body number stamped on the body. We when back and fourth for a month. The vin# on the dash plaque, and B post plate, are USA numbers that they don’t have access to. So I gave up. I was able to receive a certificate for my 1976 Lancia Scorpion/ Montecarlo, and my 1974 GTV. Both USA cars.
Now I am attempting to obtain a certificate for my New to me 1985 USA market GTV6. I am submitting my request through there website, same as all my other requests, both successful and not. Below is there reply from today.

Dear Mr Avery,
We are elaborating your research and kindly note that the numbers provided are a kind of American codification of the chassis number.
In order to be able to retrieve information concerning your car, we kindly ask you to send the chassis no. as stamped on the car itself.
We stay at your disposal and we wish you a lovely day.

So what do you guys suggest? Am I just this dense?
Ron

#289 ·
Here is a perfect example...on the S4 spider there is a VIN number on the plastic plate affixed to the B pillar. The number on the "firewall" is a totally different number. The B pillar number is ZARXX
The number on the firewall is 00116 or some such number. One for the USA and one for the Italians.
This is what they are requesting is the stamped firewall number as this is what was entered into the database.

#291 ·
Thanks, guys I will check my car when I get it back from the shop. You would think Alfa Romeo, would have a data base. That can cross reference the USA number and the Italian home market number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.