Alfa Romeo Forums banner

101 - 120 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Got mine too......bah, nothing I couldnt have figured for myself, but good to know nonetheless.

I wish they told me what dealer, or at least area of the US my car was delivered to.

And yes, I wish it was more of an official certificate of some sort! Come on!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Got mine too......bah, nothing I couldnt have figured for myself, but good to know nonetheless.

I wish they told me what dealer, or at least area of the US my car was delivered to.

And yes, I wish it was more of an official certificate of some sort! Come on!
Hey BH,

I'm guessing that The Doc Ctr said It was deilivered to ARI Newark, (you could tell us what they said). If so then the further distribution was known to ARI and not fed back to Alfa Italy, I'm thinking. I'm also thinking that most, if not all, of that ARI documentation went to the dumpsters when ARI stopped selling cars in the USA and Canada and reformed in Florida as a parts distributor around the mid 1990's. I would be happy to hear otherwise.

Ken

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The emails that we used to get from Elvira and Marco were more specific about who the cars were sold to. I agree, a certificate format is not hard...

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1428023 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Montreal (105.64), manufactured on the 31st December 1972 and sold on the 24th May 1973 to Alfa Romeo Germany, Frankfurt.
The body colour is orange, with black interiors.

with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.
According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 721136 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Super RHD (105.28), manufactured on the 2nd August 1966 and sold on the 24th October 1966 to Alec Mildren from Pymble, Australia.
The body colour is hawthorn white (AR 013), with black skai interiors.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey BH,

I'm guessing that The Doc Ctr said It was deilivered to ARI Newark, (you could tell us what they said). If so then the further distribution was known to ARI and not fed back to Alfa Italy, I'm thinking. I'm also thinking that most, if not all, of that ARI documentation went to the dumpsters when ARI stopped selling cars in the USA and Canada and reformed in Florida as a parts distributor around the mid 1990's. I would be happy to hear otherwise.

Ken

Here is the email from them:

Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce USA (115.01)
Production date: 1974 October 11th
Delivery date: 1974 October 23rd
Market destination: USA
Exterior color: Rosso amaranto
Interior: Tessuto plastificato color cuoio naturale

Thats about it!

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
over here in germany the guys are saying the webform won't accept your real address, only italian addresses, so they are just adding any italian address till one gets accepted in the 'drop-down' list....

That the same for you guys too?
odd that:(

·
Registered
137 Posts
over here in germany the guys are saying the webform won't accept your real address, only italian addresses, so they are just adding any italian address till one gets accepted in the 'drop-down' list....

That the same for you guys too?
odd that:(

Yup, just put in any italian address that works.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wait...are you just at the first step of requesting the info? Or did you already get an email back from them asking for payment info?

I used a random italian address at the first step to request the info.

Then, when I got an email back from them asking for payment info, I just used all my real information and it worked.

·
Registered
656 Posts
help please

hi,
Can Some one please help by posting a link to the online form
I have searched many times and can't seem to find it.

Cheers Ian

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hi,

I completed 10 days ago the first step with an italian phone number and address. It works. I don't know how long it takes to have an answer from them ?

I have no idea why it's so badly thought.

At FCA, nobody thought that the whole world was going to write and not only the Italians... ?? !

It was so easy with Marco !

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi,

I completed 10 days ago the first step with an italian phone number and address. It works. I don't know how long it takes to have an answer from them ?

I have no idea why it's so badly thought.

At FCA, nobody thought that the whole world was going to write and not only the Italians... ?? !

It was so easy with Marco !
I think they are busy now with Automotoretro.

Also try to email the request directly to
[email protected]

·
Registered
684 Posts
Actually, taking a break for an espresso, gov holiday, august, etc
As I know Museum staff was and is limited.

By their events calendar there are two different events in February: Retromobile in Paris and Classic Cars in London. Also this week is Automotoretro in Torino (8 cars on the display from 3 different FIAT heritage warehouses).

https://www.fcaheritage.com/the-heritage/eventi

Try to imagine preparation of the cars, logistics, paperwork, set up the pavilions and other stuff. For them the main customer is FCA, but not Alfisti :)

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
"Try to imagine preparation of the cars, logistics, paperwork, set up the pavilions and other stuff. For them the main customer is FCA, but not Alfisti"

But Max, I doubt any of the above personnel would be handling the documentation services anyway. They should have, could have, need to have, one or two people handling what is a program 'they' offer. 🤔🤔

Just sayin!!!!!

😎

·
Registered
395 Posts
Lancia/Alfa Records

Just tried the Lancia Heritage side of the site, using a fake Italian address. I put my true address in the comments section. The page shows a very nice frameable certificate on offer. I'll be really surprised if they have any Lancia stuff from 1964, but we'll see.
Regarding Alfa records- it's been reported before that the factory did in fact maintain chassis no. with engine no. data up until about 1961. In the Fazio era they would tell you if the engine no. you supplied was original to the car, IF they had that info. They would NOT however, tell you what the original engine no. was (some kind of liability issue?). If your car was later than 1961-ish, they couldn't even tell you that much.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just tried the Lancia Heritage side of the site, using a fake Italian address. I put my true address in the comments section. The page shows a very nice frameable certificate on offer. I'll be really surprised if they have any Lancia stuff from 1964, but we'll see.
Regarding Alfa records- it's been reported before that the factory did in fact maintain chassis no. with engine no. data up until about 1961. In the Fazio era they would tell you if the engine no. you supplied was original to the car, IF they had that info. They would NOT however, tell you what the original engine no. was (some kind of liability issue?). If your car was later than 1961-ish, they couldn't even tell you that much.
Marco verified both chassis and engine on my '75 GT 1600 Junior prior to close down of the centro documentazione.

101 - 120 of 221 Posts