Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
When I entered a number in the location field (which seems to be translated as "Enter your full name") it gave me options:

AlfaCentro.JPG

and then I was able to use the send button. If they send the info via email I should be set, otherwise someone at Piazza dei Cinquecento is likely going to be confused about the mail they are receiving...

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's Google Maps suggesting addresses. I typed in my address and zip and it accepted it.
As far as I can see, there's nothing that states it has to be an address in Italy on the site.
I'm expecting a large invoice from Alfa before they send anything. Has anyone received a response yet?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
That's Google Maps suggesting addresses. I typed in my address and zip and it accepted it.
As far as I can see, there's nothing that states it has to be an address in Italy on the site.
I'm expecting a large invoice from Alfa before they send anything. Has anyone received a response yet?
Indeed it's stated nowhere, but when I tried my own address it wouldn't send because it said I didn't enter a valid address. As the only addresses suggested were Italian, I assumed it would only take Italian addresses.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here. Got it to work with some random address in Italy (I am from Switzerland).

I don't think they will provide more information that was provided some time ago from Marco Fazio for free... Date of production, sale, colour, interior... but at a cost this time

·
Registered
399 Posts
The latest I have is that December is only a 'testing phase' of the website and only for Italian residents. Hopefully is will be fully operational for all of us in January 2017.

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Game On!

Got this email today:

Following your request, we would like to inform you that from our search in the production registers concerning the chassis number you provided, the following information is available:

- Model
- Type
- Production date
- Delivery date
- Market destination
- Exterior color
- Interior

This information will be sent to the email address you have provided. The cost of this service is 20.00€.
After you send us your confirmation by replying to this email, we will proceed to sending you the payment instructions.

Kind regards,

Gemma Perrone

Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo
Viale Alfa Romeo
I-20020 Arese (MI)
ITALY​

·
Registered
146 Posts
I received the same response today.
20 Euro isn't that much, but the thought occurred to me that we are the one's who are
preserving their company's heritage and lineage, shouldn't they be paying us? Or at least offering the service at no cost.

·
Registered
199 Posts
20 Euro isn't that much, but the thought occurred to me that we are the one's who are
preserving their company's heritage and lineage, shouldn't they be paying us? Or at least offering the service at no cost.
Because they can, and it costs money to build and maintain the database :) I'm lucky I got in as one of the last "free" ones. Porsche charges out the nose for an oft-incorrect COA, so it is what it is.

·
Registered
662 Posts
hi,

so what email do we send a request to.

price seems reasonable to me.

Cheers Ian

·
Registered
641 Posts
The information from Alfa is often also incorrect. They told an other person , that my GTA 1300 , new sold in Munich from Alfa dealer Auto König 1971 ( i had the bill) , was sold in Genova 1973????
absolute nonsens , but the buyer beleived it and said , my car is not correct. So you see, which force has the factory with their informations!

·
Registered
255 Posts
We're preserving the cars; they are preserving the information and heritage.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I received the same email.
All they have is the information I already received from Marco Fazio for both of my Spiders.

So, nothing new, except the fee.

Saving the 40 Euros, for now.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Richard,
Curious as to what 'other' information you were looking for other than what you currently have?
😎

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
It would have been nice to know the following:
Original engine number - this was known for the earlier Alfas
Original owner / purchaser, I was told Alfa Germany Frankfurt

41 - 60 of 221 Posts