Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
??

Are they going into the factory-supported restoration bizness like Porsche??

The Project

HISTORY BACK TO SHINE

A trip to the rediscovery of the automobile myth, the Heritage of our brands and the legends who wrote the future.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles inaugurates an ambitious project dedicated to the models that have made history and have marked an era.

Heritage enters the world of the group, to celebrate successes and charm of real Italian motoring legends. Entrust your car to the experience of our technicians, certificane originality and become a true owner of Classic cars.

Discover a world of exclusive opportunities and classic events for real fans.

Exhibitions, meetings, cultural events and competitions. Live as a protagonist the world of Classic cars: enter the place dedicated to the lovers of vintage models and share timeless passion for motoring history.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Kind of a classic Italian website...a bit confusing, overdone tricky graphics, slow, no english.... I don't like to sound mean, just look at Alfa, Ferrari, Italian bicycles, furniture, you name it.

Here's some Alfa content translated in the Google:

Museums, where you can admire the rarest models, workshops, where the car you're most fond return to its ancient splendor; for people who want more of your garage or certification, for those who do not get enough of the Classic.

"The Time Machine" - Alfa Romeo Museum. Arese, adjacent to the Expo, a brand center with indoor track, event space and showrooms.
A journey through the myth is what offers "The Time Machine - Historical Museum Alfa Romeo" in Arese, reopened to the public after a major redevelopment and construction intervention. The museum, which houses the most significant pieces of the historical collection Alfa Romeo, is the heart of a center equipped with brand bookshop, cafeteria, documentation center, indoor track, spaces for sales events and showrooms with delivery area: an ideal link between past, present and future. Along the way are exposed models that have most marked not only the evolution of the brand, but the story itself car. The first car A.L.F.A., the 24 HP of 1910, the winners of the legendary Mille Miglia as the 6C 1750 Gran Sport of Tazio Nuvolari, 8C bodied by Touring the Grand Prix 159 "Alfetta 159" World Formula 1 champion Juan Manuel Fangio; by Juliet at 33 TT 12. Three sections, corresponding to the same values ​​in the DNA Alfa Romeo: the Timeline, which represents industrial continuity; Beauty and Speed, with evocative multimedia spaces that evoke the great triumphs of Alfa history. The journey through the myth ends with a playful and spectacular finish: some stations with movies in virtual reality to 360 degrees, and a lounge-cinema in which the visitor, sitting on interactive armchairs, may attend the screening 4D movies dedicated to the legendary successes.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
.and this!

The Alfa Romeo Documentation Centre was set up in the 1960s with the aim of preserving and promoting the history of the brand. It now comprises an extensive historical archive containing digitised images that can be viewed, technical publications, drawings, film footage and documentation covering the whole history of the company, its racing achievements and its products. It starts from the original document establishing A.L.F.A., signed on 24 June 1910, and continues up to documentation on the most recent cars. The Alfa Romeo Documentation Centre is located within the Arese site that also includes the Alfa Romeo Historical Museum. It is a constantly expanding facility, supporting the company's initiatives and promoting awareness of it for Alfa Romeo experts and enthusiasts too.

Alfa Romeo Documentation Centre, Viale Alfa Romeo, 20020 Arese (Milano) - Italia
Email: [email protected]
Tel. ​02.444.255.11​

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So, we still got nothing 😢😢😢😢
😎

·
Registered
144 Posts
The website does say it is in beta, granted there seems to be a lot of words and not a lot of substance yet.

I only posted to show that things seem to be happening

·
Registered
138 Posts
We got a little bit of something then...... But it's good to see progress, especially compared to the complete lack of interest shown by FCA management for the Alfa centenary.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We got a little bit of something then...... But it's good to see progress, especially compared to the complete lack of interest shown by FCA management for the Alfa centenary.
I think co-branding is the right way to go as well, some italiaphiles tend to be blinkered to other marques in the portfolio, this will be good for all lovers of classic italian automobiles :)

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Hey Ghostydog

I checked out the store you posted (fcaheritage.com).
I like what they have to offer, it's an interesting browse.
If I could translate it, I would consider buying. But hey, I've shopped with just pictures before. why change now?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think they want us to pay for the information.

Anyway, the owners of the cars made after 1988 can have some info (date of production, engine number, interior color) from ePER
To get it we need to enter VIN (for instance for spider 4 series ZAR1150000xxxxxxx, look under the bonnet to get it)

Sorry, I cannot post links. Just type in google following

eper 2016 online

and use 3rd link from the top

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
There's progress :)

I just checked the site if there anything changed and it did. It looks like we'll be able to request the information again soon, but quite possible for a fee.

I Servizi Auto Classiche ti offrono l'opportunità di richiedere la verifica presso l'archivio storico tramite il numero del telaio e scoprire la storia dell'auto a cui sei interessato.
Il servizio prevede un’accurata verifica documentale che attesta l’anno di produzione e la configurazione orginale dell’auto (e.g. specifiche del modello, matricola del motore, dettagli esterni ed interni originali).
Il costo del servizio è variabile a seconda della tipologia di certificato richiesto e in virtù delle informazioni disponibili in archivio.

Ecco come riconoscere il valore di un'Auto attraverso la sua storia.
In short - with my limited Italian - it comes down to that we can request a certificate with the usual info (colour, interior, etc.) of which the cost depends on the type of certificate requested and the available information.

I just tried to request it for my Giulia, but it requires an Italian address. In case they send anything in hard copy (very unlikely, but still), putting in an random Italian address doesn't seem like a great idea.
As the site still seems unfinished, it looks like we need some more patience. But there's a sign of life :)

The link to the page:

https://www.fcaheritage.com/servizi-classici/alfa

·
Registered
146 Posts
Somehow I got the send button to work, The response was "Thank you for submitting the VIN, we will contact you shortly"

21 - 40 of 221 Posts