Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Question: When you go to the certificate request page only Italy, France, UK and Germany are listed as 'Country' selections. What are people with US cars selecting here?

Thanks!
You are electing to pay either 30 or 70 euro for what used to be fast, friendly and free.
That high quality paper is expensive though.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Question: When you go to the certificate request page only Italy, France, UK and Germany are listed as 'Country' selections. What are people with US cars selecting here?

Thanks!
Just do as Don suggests. albeit, I wrote them more than a month ago,
they replied it would be taken care of asap, and I am still waiting.....zzzzzzzzz.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
You are electing to pay either 30 or 70 euro for what used to be fast, friendly and free.
That high quality paper is expensive though.:wink2:
Is it still free?

It was amazing that you could email Marco in the past with a VIN and get an answer o’night (or a letter!).. but nothing last forever.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
In the good old days, you received the info and for free.
eg. 1st owner , I suppose with the stupid privacy laws, no more...

On an Alfa Romeo letterhead, nice stationary, and not only, it was signed by Elvira Ruocco.

I have one, and regretfully, tossed the envelope.

Current certificate looks like something done at Kinko's. Well, I guess will have to pay 4 inexpensive one, then make my own.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll second the "arrange it by email" for US addresses. It took a 5 weeks from first email to their initial "we do it all by the website now" reply. Follow this with the failed website entry, to email ,and finally a reply, but I did get the email reply! 30 Euros for the email info or 70 for the fancy paper:

"The Certificate of Origin, printed on high-quality paper, will be sent to the address you have provided (kindly note that the document will be produced only in Italian language). A preview will be sent to your email address (this one will be produced in English language). The cost of this service is 70.00€. In order to arrange the shipping of the documentation, we kindly ask you to provide the delivery address and the phone number already with the confirmation of this option.

As an alternative, the information could be provided in the text of an e-mail. The cost of this service is 30.00 €."

·
Registered
215 Posts
Current information 8/20/2018:
Good morning,

We hereby confirm the receipt of your kind request and we thank you for that.

Please note that the Centro Documentazione will be closed from 3rd August to 26th August 2018.

We will send you what requested as soon as possible.

We wish you a lovely day.

Kind regards,

Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo

Viale Alfa Romeo

I-20020 Arese (MI)

ITALY

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Current information 8/20/2018:
Good morning,

We hereby confirm the receipt of your kind request and we thank you for that.

Please note that the Centro Documentazione will be closed from 3rd August to 26th August 2018.

We will send you what requested as soon as possible.

We wish you a lovely day.

Kind regards,

Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo

Viale Alfa Romeo

I-20020 Arese (MI)

ITALY
Yes, I know, Italy is at a standstill during all of August. Lucky guys!

Thank you.

Regards, Alberto

·
Push hard and live
8,910 Posts
Yes, I know, Italy is at a standstill during all of August. Lucky guys!

Thank you.

Regards, Alberto
As contrasted by the other stand still months not named August.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Italian August

I once had an Italian engineer working for me , who mentioned that he took the whole of August on Holiday. Wow I said that's great what do you do in all that time ? His answer was - In the first two weeks I go on Holiday with my girlfriend, for the second two weeks I go on Holiday with my other girlfriend!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
K, so this thread cost me like, two and a half hours of my day... I stumbled on it this morning when I do my usual beginning of day checks on things, thinking to myself, I did this a while ago to all the Alfa's back with Elvira. Later on in the day, I'm thinking how hard it would be to put my hands on the info...... Ya ya. Curiously the two 61's were easy as that turned out to be an email correspondence in September of 2000. Humourously the 77 spider turned out to be the hardest as I wasn't able to find any email records older than Feb 2000. I even went and fired up the really old PC down in the basement to see what there was for migrated files, zilch. Ended up digging out an old file box that had archeological relics such at paper receipts, hand written credit card slips, etc. Sure enough, in the partition for the 77, there was a folded letter from Elvira at Alfa about the birth of our car that was mailed to us as her response to a fax. Made me smile, among other things it was addressed to us but the country was wrong, being sent to England, instead of Canada, still found it's way to us.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I was lucky to get free documentation from Marco Fazio 3 years ago. Mind you it was through an email stating the 66 gtvs history. I didn't get a hard or soft copy, but several emails from Marco Fazio, which is good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
As soon as they will agree on how much they will charge us, they will update the website for sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Centro Documentazione

Marco may have moved on, but there is a friendly Italian girl, Valeria takes care of the certificates now. Just received one, two weeks ago, opted for the 70€ version. Everything went smooth, more or less. Had a problem with the invoice, but they fixed it albeit a little bit in an "Italian style"

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Marco may have moved on, but there is a friendly Italian girl, Valeria takes care of the certificates now. Just received one, two weeks ago, opted for the 70€ version. Everything went smooth, more or less. Had a problem with the invoice, but they fixed it albeit a little bit in an "Italian style"
Was told Marco is retired now.

181 - 200 of 221 Posts