Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any new info regarding the reopening of Alfa's Centro Documentation Service? I tried a while back but it was apparently too soon after Marco's move.
Thanks,
B

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Yachtman,

I contacted Marco in February who responded that he no longer looked after this are and he asked me to contact [email protected] . When I contacted them, it took a couple of weeks and I got an answer in early March. So, the system worked in March anyway. Hope the info helps.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I was under the impression they are building a new computerized data system to provide on-line search by VIN, and it's taking a while to put all that info into the system.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I was sent this yesterday when I tried to pull some info--looks like it'll be back later this month:

The Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo will reopen its offices on July 27th.

In order to improve our services, we’re rearranging the archives at the Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo (Arese). For this reason, the researches of car registry information are currently suspended. In the next few months, the service will be reactivated with a new dedicated website. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience.

In case of emergency, please contact +39 334 678 85 43

Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo
Viale Alfa Romeo
I-20020 Arese (MI)
ITALY

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info everyone.
Santiago, it looks like, maybe(!!), that the note was written a while ago and updated to say 'July 27th'.
It would nice to have all that info computerized. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
B
😎

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here's the latest reply from 7/27/16

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately the service is still unavailable. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience,

Best regards

Viale Alfa Romeo
I-20020 Arese (MI)
ITALY

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Unfortunately the service is still unavailable. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience,
'temporary' in Italy can mean anything, but never means 'soon'!

...if they ever get that service back on the road, and if they ever get someone as helpful as Mr. Fazio again, it will be a miracle.

:(

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
And now Italy (along with most of Europe) will be on vacation for August.

Interesting to pick a July 27 date in the previous reply by them.

lol
J

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not sure if its widely known yet but FCA have created a new division called FCA Heritage (like Jaguar, Porsche, Aston Martin) i saw an article with the head of the new division discussing how they will fa tory restore Alfa, Abarth, etc. and part of this will be a new scheme which reading between the lines sounds like what Porsche gave done to monetise provision of car data through a birth certificate.

Marco Fazio's new role is Worldwide FCA Owner's Clubs Manager at FCA Heritage

·
Registered
144 Posts
Okay, from what I know this is going to be covered by the new FCA Heritage division which Marco is now part of as Worldwide Owners Clubs Manager.

FCA Heritage is a startup but already has some great content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6IlmSvgI9XLvj-NRXUmnoA

Heres an article about what is to come for classic Alfa owners

This Is The Man Officially In Charge Of Celebrating And Promoting Italy?s Automotive History - Petrolicious

The important part of the article is

"From September onwards we will be offering a dedicated service on request for our customers, providing certificates of originality, matching number verification, service manuals, and so on for most of the classic models from each of our major brands."

·
Registered
255 Posts
As a side note from the Petrolicious article, Bravo Roberto Giolito for mentioning the Lancia D50 was his personal favorite car from the museum. What a machine! It would be nice if they were to take it around the world for demonstrations in their major markets as some of the other manufacturers do from time to time.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Okay, from what I know this is going to be covered by the new FCA Heritage division which Marco is now part of as Worldwide Owners Clubs Manager.

FCA Heritage is a startup but already has some great content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6IlmSvgI9XLvj-NRXUmnoA

Heres an article about what is to come for classic Alfa owners

This Is The Man Officially In Charge Of Celebrating And Promoting Italy?s Automotive History - Petrolicious

The important part of the article is

"From September onwards we will be offering a dedicated service on request for our customers, providing certificates of originality, matching number verification, service manuals, and so on for most of the classic models from each of our major brands."
I thought I'd revive this post: Does anyone have any new info on when the website will be active again? September has come and (almost) gone... :frown2:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I thought I'd revive this post: Does anyone have any new info on when the website will be active again? September has come and (almost) gone... :frown2:
Looks like the FCA Heritage are concentrating on other brands at the mo, they seem to be drip feeding content from each marque, here is an example of what they have done for FIAT.

La nostra storia

I'd love to see something similar for Alfa, not sure when the heritage services will be up and running though.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
On a Dutch Alfa forum someome posted last week the response he received. "In the next few months, the service will be reactivated with a new dedicated website." We heard that one before, so I bet it will be a while.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
If this goes like the museum we won't get anything until late next year. Since Marco left it has come to a grinding halt for information. You would think they would keep this going in the interim until the other site is ready to go.
I will think "Domani, lets have another glass of vino while we think this out." :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
If I were them I'd digitise the historic database and automate the whole thing through a delivery partner. That sort of thing takes time, and resource to localise as a global offering across multiple marques.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here's the reply I got on Sept. 22nd,

Unfortunately the service is still unavailable. The service will be reactivated as soon as possible.
We apologize for this temporary inconvenience,

Best regards

Viale Alfa Romeo
I-20020 Arese (MI)
ITALY

1 - 20 of 221 Posts