Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carm,

Do you know that the Central Indiana Alfa Owners also call themselves CIAO? In fact, so does the Colonial Italian American Organization. I applaud your efforts, but it might be a bit confusing for many regional Alfisti.

·
Premium Member
27,155 Posts
Carm,

Do you know that the Central Indiana Alfa Owners also call themselves CIAO? In fact, so does the Colonial Italian American Organization. I applaud your efforts, but it might be a bit confusing for many regional Alfisti.
Interesting, in fact what's more interesting is new Williamsburg CIAO leadership evidently is wondering why we haven't been back to their festival, I vaguely remember old leadership stating they didn't have room for us at their current festival location. Who is on first is a continual question isn't it?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Carm,

Hi Alex / Steve,

Yes, I am aware that many organizations around the world (especially Italia) use the CIAO abbreviation. CIAO-Charities from Italian Automobile Owners is NOT a registered name nor does it intend to create confusion with other local / midwestern / national "Registered" organizations.

CIAO is a point of reference and helps to identify local events in the Chicagoland areas. Matter of fact, if you goggle CIAO & charities, first thing that comes up are the events we have put together in the last 6 months. The reason many people like myself do not know much about the "Central Indiana Alfa Owners" speaks for itself.

"CIAO" as in Charities from Italian Automobile Owners would be a problem if we became a registered member with AROC. Since there is NO direct association (with exception that many participating donors happen to be CAROC members) with the Alfa Romeo Owners Club, I don't see how any of this affects regional Alfisti.

CIAO is a great expression used and recognized by most cultures.:) I just hope that many car enthusiasts find $10 to put into an envelope in lieu of simply buying expensive gas.

CIAO,
Carm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts