Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 79 Spider has been sitting in my garage for 10 years (kids, family, bills, life!), but I want to get it on the road again. I used to take it to Alfas Unlimited, but would like to find a place closer to the greater Hartford area. From searching these forums, I've heard of places in South Windsor, Glastonbury, and a little farther, West Haven and Hamden.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Steve

·
Administrator
12,946 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reaffirmation of Alfas Unlimited, but was hoping for someone closer. I may not be getting the best, but GOOD, honest and reliable will do.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I live in Rocky hill and I am opening a Used dealership in Berlin, I have owned alfa's since the late 80's and have done a lot of alfa stuff. If you want contact me via pm or email [email protected]

·
Registered
364 Posts
Late to the party, but consider Nino's Foreign Automobile Service in Simsbury. Nino's largely part-time but was one of the earliest Ferrari mechanics in the US and had a large Alfa repair facility in Avon on Rt. 44 prior to his move to "downtown" Simsbury.

Roberto has worked with Nino for 32 years and does much of the wrenching himself.

Nino's shop number is 860.678.0615 Roberto just began his vacation to Sicily, so he's out for two weeks. He is a very nice and helpful guy.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
interested to know whom did you call?
If you need further recomendation PM me.
Frank La Sala

·
Administrator
12,946 Posts
WHAT did you do to him???

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
Candy Poole (it's a guy) had a shop in Glastonbury when I lived there. He was a great mechanic on Porsche and ALFA and raced his own creations. He would be about 110 years old if he is still alive... maybe his sibs own it and if anything rubbed off on them they would be great.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Rick

Candy Poole and Dick Burton, that brings up a subject that really should go into the history of Alfa Romeo in the USA.

Sorry to say that Dick has retired to the Carolinas and all the remaining new old stock were bought by Keith Goring. The building itself was torn down about 8 years ago.

I have a few images of Mr. Burton posing in front of my '59 Sprint with the gargae facade and sign as the back drop. Prehaps another posting in the above mentioned forum.

Frank

·
Registered
5 Posts
I remember hanging out at Poole's after work in the early 90's. I lived down the road, but met Jim Burton through Keith Goring. He had the nickname of 'Nasty Jim', but was a really nice guy.

Sadly, both Jim and the shop are no longer with us. Jim passed away a few years ago after he retired to, I believe, Virginia.

The shop was razed to put up houses. If you drive by now, you can sort of see the former outline of the shop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.