Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a new Alfisti, but have ordered many, many parts in my previous life as a second gen Camaro enthusiast. And I have never experienced the lack of communication and delay like I just experienced with Centerline. I made an order on May 3 2011. The confirmation web page said this.

" ...Your order will be filled and shipped within 2 business days, unless you have purchased products marked special order or out of stock (which I did not). We will notify you of any backorders or problems with your order by phone or email (which they did not).

If you have selected shipping options other than UPS ground (which I did) we will contact you with the additional shipping charges for your order (which they did not)...."

I was not contacted at all, no email or phone confirmation of the order. Just the web page which I printed out. Then on May 17, I get a USPS notification that my order has been shipped! so 14 days later, no shipping quote, and it's on it's way to me. Good thing I did not order from another supplier, as I had concluded that my order was lost.

I wonder what my shipping charges will be? I guess I will find out when they charge my credit card?

I am not impressed. :mad:

EDIT: Centerline did send me an email quote. It landed in my junk mail for some reason. Just found it today after Joe pm'd me stating that the email quote was sent. They are having trouble with their automated system, but are trying hard to fix it. I will consider them again for future purchases.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had ordered a trunk badge and 2 fuel injector two wire bosh connectors in December-Total cost maybe $30? I did get a call saying the injector connectors were on backorder but the badge was available did I want one now and the others later. I said send all together. I have never heard another word from them never recieved the parts nor any indication there was a problem with my credit card and no repies to several e-mails I had sent. I could not locate my e-mail with transaction # so have not persued it further and have had bigger issues with the car so I just use IAP and Spreull without problems.

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
No problem here

Sorry to hear about your problems. Waiting for parts drives me crazy.

I have always used the phone to order.

No problems even with shipping to Canada.

Will buy again.

Vin

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Centerline is a reputable seller, with good people and they have been around for a long time... I'd give them a call if I were in your shoes...

Best regards,

·
Registered
759 Posts
PM JoeCab about it. He works at Centerline. I've always received great service from them.
That is a good idea I did not think to that. I don't want to bash centerline I am thankfull we have suppliers like them and know many others here have had good results dealing with them. But I did have the issues with not getting replies through their official e-mail/web site

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
All in all, Centerline is a great vendor and is extremely reliable. There are some seriously flaky vendors out there, and while CL isn't perfect they've always gone the extra mile to resolve any issues I've had with them. That's all you can really ask of a vendor.

That said, the best way to contact them is to pick up the phone. Up until a couple of years ago they didn't even have online ordering from their web site and it's still clunky at best. Pick up the phone, give them a call, and someone like Bob or Joe will answer and explain what went wrong and help work things out. Keep in mind that the market for Alfa parts is a tiny fraction of that for Camaro stuff, so you're not going to get an Amazon.com level online ordering experience.

-Jason

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All in all, Centerline is a great vendor and is extremely reliable. There are some seriously flaky vendors out there, and while CL isn't perfect they've always gone the extra mile to resolve any issues I've had with them. That's all you can really ask of a vendor.

That said, the best way to contact them is to pick up the phone. Up until a couple of years ago they didn't even have online ordering from their web site and it's still clunky at best. Pick up the phone, give them a call, and someone like Bob or Joe will answer and explain what went wrong and help work things out. Keep in mind that the market for Alfa parts is a tiny fraction of that for Camaro stuff, so you're not going to get an Amazon.com level online ordering experience.

-Jason

I realize that the alfa market is small, but I have ordered parts from individuals on ebay and small performance garages. not just Summit and JEGS.

If you say you will ship in two days - ship in two days. If you can't then don't say it. If you say you will send a shipping quote, then send a shipping quote. Don't offer the service if you can't deliver. That's worse than not having the service at all.

If they are small, then they should commit to what they can handle, not more. It's just bad for their business.

They need to either adjust their way of doing business to meet with the commitments they make or Commit to a service that they can actually provide.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Centerline has always been one of the best and most helpful vendors for me, ready to go out of their way. I always deal with Joe. Though, call them!
Jes

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have bought stuff from Centerline for over 16 years and they have always been great. Like everyone said, call them (ask for Joe Cab) and I'm sure they will take care of it. I also prefer to call them when ordering instead of using the website. A real human is always preferable to a "shopping cart".

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Guys,

You are all obviously satisfied with their service and loyal. It's good to hear that you are happy. I am not, and calling them won't change my first impression.

Ok, I will stop *****ing now.

Alfas Rule!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Centerline has always been a friend to us. I have ordered from them many times without a glitch. Sometimes an order can just fall through the cracks. S#$t happens. Give them another chance. There have been times where they had the part that no one else had. I prefer to make all my orders via telephone. I like the personal touch. I gives me confidence that the right part is being shipped.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Ok, I will stop *****ing now.
We don't mind you *****ing ;) as long as you promise to call them and speak to them :D
Jes

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
You are all obviously satisfied with their service and loyal. It's good to hear that you are happy. I am not, and calling them won't change my first impression.
No, but calling might actually help solve the problem.

Oh, but then you'd have to talk to a real person (who happen to be really nice, helpful guys) rather than bashing people anonymously on an internet forum. Never mind. Carry on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am also a newer Alfa owner (in from the Pontiac world) and I also got excellent service from Centerline...on the phone. If there is a problem with their online service they should fix it, sounds like you had an annoying experience and I would also be disappointed. But I agree with the regulars that they are good guys to deal with and I would recommend them to anyone, as I would also recommend IAP.

I can say that I have really enjoyed dealing with the Alfa world (though dealing with the Alfa itself has it's ups & downs). Centerline and IAP make Alfa parts easier to get then some Pontiacs and the forum here is the greatest, I have enjoyed it more than any other old car group, thanks to all, Todd C

·
Registered
411 Posts
jarrington is correct; And if this is there first mistake this Spring, then they are better than all others. *@#&%~ Happens.

The help that I have received from both Centerline and Larry Sr & Jr @ APE have always been worth more than what I purchased.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I always use the telephone to place my order
I have always used the phone to order.
I'd give them a call if I were in your shoes...
That said, the best way to contact them is to pick up the phone.
call them!
Like everyone said, call them (ask for Joe Cab) and I'm sure they will take care of it.
I prefer to make all my orders via telephone.
We don't mind you *****ing ;) as long as you promise to call them and speak to them :D
calling might actually help solve the problem.
I also got excellent service from Centerline...on the phone.
See a trend here? Like Jarrington says, it may not change your mind about them but it will at least result in a resolution to your problem. And you want resolution, right?

And just to make it easier for you I'll even supply the number: 1-888-750-ALFA (that's 2532 in numeric terms). Please note that this is a toll free number so it won't even cost you anything and will probably answer all your questions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, but calling might actually help solve the problem.

Oh, but then you'd have to talk to a real person (who happen to be really nice, helpful guys) rather than bashing people anonymously on an internet forum. Never mind. Carry on.
Bashing? What did I say other than facts that made me unhappy with their service? You are the one bashing me, making assumptions about my approach to purchasing parts & dealing with real people.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts