Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These springs are intended for round tail Spiders. Spring rate is 150# and free length is 14.125". I am considering installing them on my 79 Spider as the red sport springs are too stiff. Has anyone done this? Any comments/feedback/advice?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
I tried the Centerline yellow springs and the rear was sitting way to low, 74 Spider, and they are in the corner of shop.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced my IAP red springs with the Centerline PS411 rear springs yesterday. The rear is now 1/8" lower. Max Banks and some others reckon that Spiders handle better with the tail a bit lower. I have not driven the car very far yet and I have not noticed too much difference. I am waiting for Dave Rugh to get some 600# front springs as I think they will be well matched to the 150# rears.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rear springs

Having run Shankle rear springs on my S2 vintage racer for over 20 years,I had one collapse nearly an inch.Needless to say my corner weights went all ****eyed. Having looked for years, I have finally found replacements. Eibach Motor sports on-line catalog has 3 in. ID. Coil over springs. OD is 4 in. Perfect for our spring pockets. Pages 25/26 list spring lengths 8/10/12/14/16 and18in. Low spring rates are in 25lb. Increments,to 50lb. For up to 800lbs. Springs are closed wound,but can be cut for a pig tail.
For many years I have used Day Motorsorts in Tyler Tx. for front springs. They carry Eibach, Hypercoils, and Afco springs. The 5.5 in. Springs are from 8in. thru 12in. With 9.5 and 11in. also available. These may be too short for stock applications. Spring rates are from 300 to 1400 lbs. in 50 lb. increments depending on brand.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts