Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install a complete exhaust system in my '83 spider. I would like to pull stock manifold and install headers, but first like to get feed back from anyone else who has installed system.

I need to keep cat. because of yearly smog inspection. Centerline recommends their free flow converter model OE556 and ceramic coated headers PH118 (page 47 of catalog). However the stock cat. has a bracket where as the OE556 does not. Just concerned how solid the exhaust system will be less this bracket and any spacing issues with the headers.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Paul

·
Registered
552 Posts
be creative and make a bracket because u have a cat you need a bracket i have those headers on my spider the only thing i dont have a cat but the other was i had to enlongate the holes but all and all its a nice set

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The bracket should go on the "Y" connector section that comes with the PH118 headers. If one is not already built-in, then you should have one made and welded onto it. This will keep the exact support point that is found in the stock front section of the exhaust. Then the OE556 cat will be supported by the flanges. You should not have to make any further mods, for the headers together with the new cat should equal the same length that is found in the OEM front section. Furthermore, the back flange of the cat should match with the middle section of your stock exhaust (or replacement).

Best regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts