Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked by a few members for an update on our status, so I thought I would post here quickly.

Late last week our area had a high wind event (up to 120 mph gusts) and a fast moving grassland fire was sparked. The situation quickly grew out of control as the fire moved through several densely populated areas just West of our location. Ultimately, close to 1,000 structures were burned and there are several people unaccounted for at the present time.

Thankfully, the winds subsided before the fire reached our location, but this was an awfully close call. We had a good snow storm over the weekend which finally put an end to the fire.

We are very thankful our business was unharmed but find it hard to be joyous when so many of our friends and neighbors lost homes and businesses.

This was the view looking West from our parking lot last Thursday night.

To everyone who checked in on us and offered help - thank you!

Sky Horizon Gas Landscape Electricity

·
28,552 Posts
Joe thanks for update and that you all are safe. It sure was a bad scene to follow on the news.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Good to hear. My wife's brother works with a tech start-up near the fire and was evacuated, but they received no damage. The HVAC filled the place with smoke, and when they cut gas and power they were very concerned with freezing everything in the lab that night at 9º F.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Thanks for the update Joe, we had no idea of the proximity of that awful blaze. Hard to imagine 100+ mph winds out of the blue like that, absent a tornado. The videos were hard to watch, people trying to evacuate but having to fight the winds and the flames and embers flying. The destruction is awful to see, right there across residential neighborhoods.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that we're a week or more removed from the even, with about a foot of snow on the ground, it almost seems surreal.

Unfortunately, the official number of homes lost is now over 1,000 and for those people it is still all too real...

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I was asked by a few members for an update on our status, so I thought I would post here quickly.

Late last week our area had a high wind event (up to 120 mph gusts) and a fast moving grassland fire was sparked. The situation quickly grew out of control as the fire moved through several densely populated areas just West of our location. Ultimately, close to 1,000 structures were burned and there are several people unaccounted for at the present time.

Thankfully, the winds subsided before the fire reached our location, but this was an awfully close call. We had a good snow storm over the weekend which finally put an end to the fire.

We are very thankful our business was unharmed but find it hard to be joyous when so many of our friends and neighbors lost homes and businesses.

This was the view looking West from our parking lot last Thursday night.

To everyone who checked in on us and offered help - thank you!

View attachment 1716638
This is good news, Joe. The anxiety of having to watch fire approach your business---your life---is not really describable. Fortunately, both for you and for us, you (and we) dodged a bullet. Good for you. Now, get back to work! You've got parts to ship!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.