Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
I very much doubt this transition happened over night. I find it somewhat surprising that more attention and planning on what was going to happen with customers and ordering in the following days and weeks, wasn't addressed. Just turning off a well traveled website like IAPs is poor planning at best. Why not refer all those web hits directly to CLs website with a message. At least let the general public and small shops know what is going on. Here I am pulling a '66 Duetto into my garage, and getting ready to start a major project..... and the first place I go to..... the website is AWOL ????

IAP had always given me excellent parts and service. I have never ordered anything from CL. In the way that this transition has been handled.... I am somewhat skeptical for my future Alfa parts needs.

I would hope that CL will grab the ball and run with it from here on..... but so far it appears to be a fumble.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow, you must lead an exceptionally sheltered Alfa existence if you've only bought your Alfa parts from a single source.

Centerline is about to get a lot bigger---and a lot better.

Your assumption is far from correct. Where did I say that I purchased all my parts from just one source ?

I did say that I had never purchased from Centerline.... why.... I have been able to source the same item closer and at a more advantageous price.

So bigger is better ..... and I'm the sheltered one..... ?

·
Registered
586 Posts
So you always ask who is the manufacturer of every part you buy? And do you know which are the better and worse ones for specific parts?
You know.... yes some times I do, especially when it I consider it to be a critical part, or parts.

In fact I did this very thing today with Centerline. The young man I was dealing with got it screwed up and made a mistake. After asking and confirming what brand of front suspension and steering parts he could supply, I agreed to place the whole order for my Duetto. Which I did. Not 5 minutes later he emailed me back to 'clarify'. I'm waiting to hear how they are going to resolve this issue.

Stay tuned.... my first real order to CL could be my last.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I already miss the IAP catalog...... not that I can't navigate digitally, it was just nice to thumb through and find parts that I wanted, and not necessarily needed. They got extra business form guys like me who possess that instant gratification gene.

I'm sorry.... I just don't find the CL website user friendly, and not all that accurate either. You can find parts if you are willing to scroll through the 'ALL' section for your model, that don't even show up, under your specific model. The fun part is.... when you are going through the 'ALL' pages..... if you look at the details of something on page 41, and go 'Back to Listing' it takes you all the way back to page 1. If you hit your 'Back' button.... its even worse..... welcome home !!!

My first real order from CL is due to arrive in a couple of days.....the jury is still out.

BG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.