Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my front and rear glass ready to go back into the GTV but I have an issue in which the gaps that separate left and right trim pieces for the front windshield are too wide for the center finisher to cover. This is with both top and bottom gaps equal. Have any of you ever experienced this issue? Full disclosure, my left and right side trim pieces came from 2 different sources but I can't imagine they would have been that far off... I was thinking of massaging a little bit to get one of the gaps close enough for a finisher and then figure out a solution for the other gap... Anyone else have to fanagle a solution like this before on a GTV?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of the gaps.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies! I do have some thin aluminum and will most likely make new clips.

·
Super Moderator
11,667 Posts
Thanks for the replies! I do have some thin aluminum and will most likely make new clips.
I'd wait until the windshield/seal/trim is installed. I think VabeneGTV may be on to something when he suggests that things may "scootch in a bit". Perhaps this will make your problem moot.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd wait until the windshield/seal/trim is installed. I think VabeneGTV may be on to something when he suggests that things may "scootch in a bit". Perhaps this will make your problem moot.
Will do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts