Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1750 GTV US specs 1969
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
quick question if someone has the time to answer.
How hard is it to remove the center console? I would like to change the "fog" switch on my car but would like to know if hard to remove the console. Do I need to remove the middle console( the one between the seats? Any help[ would be appreciated.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Just pull out the ash tray and reach up and to the left.
Actually, that might work for a 2000 GTV but not a 1750...

try this:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Actually, that might work for a 2000 GTV but not a 1750...

try this:
Oops, I missed the 1750.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi all,
quick question if someone has the time to answer.
How hard is it to remove the center console? I would like to change the "fog" switch on my car but would like to know if hard to remove the console. Do I need to remove the middle console( the one between the seats? Any help[ would be appreciated.
Stay safe.
I'm in a similar situation to you although in my case I need to replace the dash light switch in the center console. First attempt to remove it the thing wouldn't budge. Then I found out I need to remove the rear part of the console that holds the hand brake.

I attempted to remove the console a second time and then Realized to remove the rear console I needed to remove at least one seat. So put everything back together again and was gonna attempt a third time but now my starter needs replacing so hoping to do that first and then attempt it again.

If you do manage to replace your switch please share your experience or tips here!

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
316 Posts
You should be able to remove the front section alone. At least I could. Undo the screws on the vertical black clamps on either side of the console connecting the two halves, and the screws under the dash and the ashtray screw (and any others still in place on the sides). Then you should be able to carefully lift the rear part of the front section by pushing it forward a little and then lifting it all out towards the rear. I would suggest that you remove the gear knob and the heater slides also if you want to get good access. It can be a challenge the first couple of times but after that it becomes rather easier. I have done this about 10 times over the years now on my different 1750's, but others may have a different or better technique.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts